Infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by pathogens sensitive to ofloxacin: acute and chronic bronchopulmonary infections; acute and chronic upper and lower urinary tract infections; uncomplicated urethral or cervical gonorrhea; urethritis and cervicitis of non-gonococcal etiology; skin and soft tissue infections.
The main active ingredient of the drug is ofloxacin.
1 tablet contains 200 mg of ofloxacin.
Produced in tablet form.
The specified drug Ofloxin belongs to the group of antimicrobial pharmaceuticals that are used in the treatment of epileptic seizures. Ofloxacin is the main active component of this drug, and it belongs to the drugs of the clinical and pharmacological group of antibacterial drugs of the fluoroquinolone group. This component affects a wide range of bacteria pathological for humans, both gram-negative (salmonella, proteus, morganella, klebsiella) and gram-positive (staphylococcus, streptococcus) series. It is not effective against anaerobes.
The mechanism of action of ofloxacin is due to the ability of fluoroquinolones to block the enzyme DNA hydrase in pathogenic bacterial cells, which blocks the possibility of their replication. Beta-lactamases have no effect on the drug, which reduces the risk of antibiotic resistance.
This drug Ofloxin is used in the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by bacteria sensitive to ofloxacin. In particular, it effectively fights diseases:
- lower respiratory tract (pneumonia, bronchitis, tracheobronchitis);
- upper respiratory tract (otitis media, sinusitis, rhinitis, angina, tonsillitis);
- soft tissues, bones, joints;
- organs of the abdominal cavity (except for bacterial enteritis);
- pelvic organs, incl. in gynecology, urology, andrology;
- in ophthalmology (bacterial conjunctivitis).
Effective in the treatment of prostatitis, gonorrhea.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
It is contraindicated to use at:
- epilepsy, predisposition to seizures;
- tendinitis, with defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity;
- tendency to hemolytic reactions in the treatment of quinolone antibacterial agents.
Not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is contraindicated to use during pregnancy.
During treatment, lactation should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
This Ofloxin is used twice a day.
The average daily dosage is from 200 to 800 mg ofloxacin.
In case of impaired renal function, the first dose is recommended within no more than 200 mg. Subsequently, it is allowed to increase by 100 mg every 24 hours.
A more accurate dosage and duration of treatment is determined and adjusted by the attending physician.
In case of an overdose, side effects can be observed in the form of:
- confusion of consciousness, drowsiness;
- lethargy, disorientation, dizziness;
- nausea, vomiting.
In case of an overdose, symptomatic therapy, gastric lavage, and sorbent intake are recommended.
The use of this drug can cause side effects, including:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and cramps, loss of appetite, dry mouth, flatulence, gastrointestinal dysfunction, constipation;
- insomnia, dizziness, fatigue, drowsiness, nervousness;
- skin rash;
- itching in the external genital area in women, vaginitis, vaginal discharge;
- thirst, weight loss, hyper- or hypoglycemia, acidosis, an increase in serum TG, cholesterol, potassium;
- cough, nasal discharge, respiratory arrest, dyspnea, bronchospasm, stridor;
- hearing impairment, tinnitus, diplopia, nystagmus, impaired clarity of visual perception, disturbances in taste, smell, photophobia;
- photosensitivity, hyperpigmentation, vesicular-bullous rashes;
- anemia, bleeding, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, reversible inhibition of hematopoiesis, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, petechiae, ecchymosis, increased prothrombin time.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life is up to 2 years.
Storage temperature – no higher than 25 ° С.