Use for the treatment of mixed infections that are caused by pathogens (microorganisms and protozoa) that are sensitive to the components of the drug: complicated diseases of the urinary tract: cystitis, acute pyelonephritis, bacterial prostatitis, epididymitis; sexually transmitted diseases. Official recommendations for the appropriate use of antibacterial agents should be taken into account.
The main active ingredient: ornidazole, ofloxacin.
1 tablet of the drug contains 500 mg of ornidazole and 200 mg of ofloxacin.
Excipients: hypromellose, corn starch, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, macrogol, talc, hypromellose, sodium benzoate, etc.
The drug is produced in tablet form.
This drug Ofor belongs to the group of combined antibacterial drugs used systemically.
Ornidazole is an imidazole derivative, an antibiotic that is similar in properties to metronidazole and other 5-nitroimidazoles.
Shows antibacterial and antiprotozoal effect against Trichomonas, lamblia, gardnerella, and other microorganisms, including anaerobic cocci.
Also, as a result of the metabolic processes that this substance causes in the cells, toxins are released that cause impaired cell respiration, which also leads to the death of pathogen cells.
In terms of the mechanism of its action, this substance is similar to DNA-tropic pharmaceuticals, since it has a selective effect on microorganisms that have enzyme systems.
Ofloxacin also has a powerful bactericidal effect, contributing to the destruction of the DNA of a pathogenic microorganism for humans.
This drug Ofor is indicated for the treatment of anaerobic systemic infections caused by microflora sensitive to ornidazole and ofloxacin. In particular, for treatment:
- diseases of the urogenital tract with microbial agents;
- infectious diseases of the genital organs (gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis);
- infectious diseases of the respiratory system;
- infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary system (amebiasis, giardiasis);
- infectious processes of the skin and soft tissues.
- Also used for preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis.
The considered medicinal product is not used if the patient has ever had hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up its composition.
Also contraindicated for use with:
- organic diseases of the central nervous system;
- multiple sclerosis;
- circulatory disorders;
- chronic alcoholism.
Caution should be exercised when treating patients suffering from:
- liver failure;
- brain damage;
- disorders of hematopoiesis.
In pediatrics, it is used to treat children over the age of 16.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is contraindicated for the treatment of pregnant women in the first trimester of pregnancy. During the II and III trimesters, it is permissible to prescribe only for serious indications.
Lactation is suspended for the duration of treatment with this drug.
Method of administration and dosage
This Ofor is taken orally without chewing with plenty of water before or after eating.
The exact dosage is determined by the attending physician depending on the course of the disease, the patient’s response to the drug.
Adults take 1 tablet 2 times a day. The course of treatment is 5 days.
Then the treatment can be continued for 5-8 days with only ofloxacin in tablet form. Treatment lasts 2-3 days after the last symptoms of the disease have disappeared.
In case of hepatic insufficiency, it is recommended to reduce the dosage or lengthen the interval of use.
An overdose of this drug can cause:
- loss of consciousness;
- tremor, trembling of the limbs;
- depression, peripheral neuritis;
- nausea, vomiting.
Symptomatic therapy is recommended.
The use of this drug in a patient can cause side effects in the form of:
- metallic taste in the mouth;
- nausea, loss of appetite, epigastric pain, vomiting;
- headache, dizziness, tremors, impaired coordination of movements;
- ataxia, seizures, confusion;
- signs of sensory or mixed peripheral neuropathy;
- allergic reactions (itching, rash, allergic urticaria, angioedema);
- moderate leukopenia, darkening of urine;
- cardiovascular disorders – tachycardia, arrhythmias, pulmonary edema;
- enterocolitis, impaired renal function, hematuria, itching in the vagina;
- myalgia, ligament rupture, arthralgia;
- neutropenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, anemia, etc.
Storage conditions and periods
This medicinal product retains its medicinal properties for 3 years, which are counted from the date of manufacture, which is indicated by the manufacturer.
The drug should be kept out of the reach of children. Storage temperature should not exceed 30 ° C.