Adults are prescribed for pain syndrome of different localization, as well as: postoperative pain, swelling, and inflammation; inflammatory and degenerative forms of rheumatic diseases (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, spondyloarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis); acute gout; extra-articular rheumatism; post-traumatic inflammatory processes; gynecological diseases (dysmenorrhea, adnexitis); migraine of various degrees; inflammatory diseases of the ENT organs (otitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, toothache); fever; renal and hepatic colic.
Olfen-50 Lactab composition
The main active ingredient of the drug is sodium diclofenac. Auxiliary substances are: sodium starch glycolate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium stearyl fumarate, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, talc, hypromellose, triethyl citrate, etc.
It is produced in the form of enteric tablets, in a dosage of 50 mg of diclofenac in 1 tablet.
Olfen-50 Lactab is a non-steroidal drug based on sodium diclofenac. The main active ingredient of this drug has a pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect.
The mechanism of action is due to the ability to inhibit the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. The latter play an important role in the genesis of inflammation, pain and fever.
In the recommended doses, diclofenac does not inhibit the biosynthesis of proteoglycans in cartilage tissue.
Olfen-50 Lactab is prescribed to treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation, if the patient is diagnosed with:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- pain syndrome of various localization, including renal or biliary colic, pain in gynecology, dentistry, with gout, migraine;
- extra-articular rheumatism;
- swelling with pain syndrome;
- post-traumatic inflammatory processes (including due to fractures, dislocations, spinal injuries, and other orthopedic injuries).
A rise in temperature alone is not a reason for using this drug.
Diclofenac sodium has the property of reducing blood coagulation and potentiates, that is, enhances the effect of anticoagulants.
The use of this drug for the above diseases reduces pathological changes in tissues in the zone of inflammation, while pain sensations decrease, morning stiffness of the joints and their swelling disappear, and the functional state of the musculoskeletal system increases.
Taking diclofenac sodium reduces the need for opioids in patients experiencing severe pain, in particular postoperative pain.
A stable effect develops after 1-2 weeks after starting the drug intake.
It is contraindicated to take this drug if the patient is allergic to diclofenac, or other ingredients that make up it, as well as in cases where acetylsalicylic acid or other nonsteroidal drugs cause attacks of asthma, urticaria or acute rhinitis.
Do not accept if available:
- a stomach or intestinal ulcer;
- gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation;
- rectal bleeding;
- other active bleeding;
- dysfunction of the heart, liver, kidneys;
- disorders of hematopoiesis of unknown origin;
- peripheral arterial disease.
Not used in pediatrics (up to 14 years old).
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Use with great caution during pregnancy. In the third trimester, this drug is contraindicated.
You should stop breastfeeding while taking this drug.
Method of administration and dosage
Taking the drug Olfen-50 Lactab starts with a daily dosage of 100-150 mg (that is, 2-3 tablets of this drug), depending on the severity of the disease:
- if the symptoms are insignificant or long-term therapy is required, 75-100 mg per day is sufficient;
- if you need to relieve night pain or morning stiffness of movements, you need to take the drug before bedtime;
- with primary algodismenorrhea, the daily dose is 50-150 mg, but not more than 200 mg (at the choice of the attending physician);
The duration of treatment is several days, depending on the dynamics of the course of the disease.
The maximum daily dose is 150 mg. It is taken without chewing, drinking plenty of water, dividing the daily dose into 2-3 doses.
Children aged 14-18 years can be used at the rate of a daily dosage of 0.5-2 mg per 1 kg of the patient’s weight, depending on the severity of the patient’s symptoms. The daily dose is taken in 2-3 doses.
When treating juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, the daily dose can be increased to 3 mg per 1 kg of patient weight per day.
Elderly patients and those suffering from mild or moderate liver and / or kidney dysfunction do not need dosage adjustment.
In case of an overdose of diclofenac sodium, the body does not react with any specific symptoms. The most common signs of poisoning are:
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- diarrhea (diarrhea);
- drop in blood pressure.
Acute renal failure, liver dysfunction can be observed with a severe degree of poisoning.
Treatment is symptomatic. Hemodialysis or forced diuresis is ineffective.
Taking this drug can cause side effects in the form of:
- pain in the epigastrium;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps;
- dyspepsia, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- ulcers of the stomach and intestines;
- glossitis, stomatitis, lesions of the esophageal mucosa;
- intestinal adhesions;
- constipation, pancreatitis;
- headaches, drowsiness, anxiety, nightmares, hair loss;
- skin rashes, urticaria, eczema, erythema multiforme;
- edema, renal failure, hematuria, nephrotic syndrome, papillary necrosis;
- hepatitis, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia;
- tachycardia, chest pain, lowering blood pressure.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug is up to 5 years at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.