Indications for use of Omega 3-6-9: secondary prevention of myocardial infarction (as part of combination therapy with statins, beta-blockers, antithrombotic agents, ACE inhibitors); hyperlipoproteinemia (abnormally high levels of fats and / or lipoproteins in the blood); endogenous hypertriglyceridemia (according to Fredrickson’s classification – type IV) as monotherapy as a supplement to the diet with insufficient effectiveness; mixed hyperlipidemia (according to Fredrickson’s classification – types IIb and III) in combination with statins, in cases where the concentration of triglycerides remains high.
Omega 3-6-9 composition and form of release
Composition of one capsule 1.38 g: complex of polyunsaturated acids of the Omega 3-6-9 group – 1000 mg.
Omega 3-6-9 are essential polyunsaturated fatty acids that have powerful antioxidant effects. By incorporating into cell membranes, they increase their stability and prevent lipid peroxidation. Omega 3-6-9 play an important role in the synthesis of hormones and enzymes that regulate the functioning of a number of organs and systems. Essential for normal heart and brain function, improving memory and cognitive function. They have a positive effect on the condition of the skin, helping to slow down the aging process. For the pancreas affected by the inflammatory process, polyunsaturated acids Omega 3-6-9 are “building blocks”, as they contribute to the rapid regeneration of damaged cellular structures. Protect internal organs from the aggressive effects of free radicals and prevent cell destruction. Omega 3-6-9 promotes the effective regulation of fat metabolism, which prevents the accumulation of cholesterol in the body and weight loss in a physiological manner. Accelerates the recovery of muscle fibers during bodybuilding and hard physical work.
Indications for use:
- secondary prevention of myocardial infarction (as part of combination therapy with statins, beta-blockers, antithrombotic agents, ACE inhibitors);
- hyperlipoproteinemia (abnormally high levels of fats and / or lipoproteins in the blood):
- endogenous hypertriglyceridemia (according to Fredrickson’s classification – type IV) as monotherapy as a supplement to the diet with insufficient effectiveness; mixed hyperlipidemia (according to Fredrickson’s classification – types IIb and III) in combination with statins, in cases where the concentration of triglycerides remains high.
This medication should not be used for exogenous hypertriglyceridemia (type 1 hyperchylomicronemia), allergies to the components of the drug. It is used with caution in severe liver failure, concomitant use with fibrates, anticoagulants, during surgery, severe trauma (due to the risk of increased bleeding time), in patients under 18 or over 70 years of age (safety has not been established).
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Do not use.
Method of administration and dosage
Omega 3-6-9 capsules are recommended to be taken internally with meals. For secondary prevention of myocardial infarction, it is recommended to take 2 capsules / day. For hypertriglyceridemia, the starting dose is 4 capsules / day. In the absence of a therapeutic effect, it is possible to increase the dose to 8 capsules / day. Duration of treatment – according to the doctor’s recommendation.
In connection with a moderate increase in bleeding time (especially when taking high doses), it is necessary to monitor patients receiving anticoagulants, and if necessary, an appropriate correction of the dose of anticoagulants is performed.
Consideration should be given to the increase in bleeding time in patients with a high risk of hemorrhage (surgery, severe trauma, etc.).
The available experience in the treatment of secondary endogenous hypertriglyceridemia is limited (especially in uncontrollable diabetes mellitus).
There is no clinical experience in the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia in combination with fibrates.
When taking this medication, a moderate increase in the activity of liver transaminases (ALT, AST) is possible.
In patients with impaired liver function (especially when high doses are used), regular monitoring of the functional state of the liver (AST, ALAT) is necessary.
There is no information on the use of this medication in children, patients over 70 years of age, or in patients with liver dysfunction. In patients with impaired renal function, dose adjustment is not required.
With simultaneous use with oral anticoagulants, the risk of bleeding increases.
The appointment of Omega 3-6-9 together with warfarin does not lead to any changes in blood clotting and hemorrhagic complications. However, with the combined use of these drugs or discontinuation of Omega 3 treatment, prothrombin time control is necessary.
It is not recommended to take it simultaneously with fibrates.
Overdose symptoms: the appearance of adverse reactions or an increase in their severity.
Overdose treatment: drug withdrawal, symptomatic therapy.
- Vascular disorders: lowering blood pressure.
- Co side of the gastrointestinal tract: nausea / vomiting, dyspepsia, reflux, belching with a smell or taste of fish.
- Respiratory organs: dry nose.
- Co side of the nervous system: dysgeusia (perversion of taste), dizziness, headache.
- Metabolic and nutritional disorders: hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar).
- Co side of the liver: changes in liver health indicators.
- Co side of the immune system: manifestations of allergies.
- Co side of the skin, subcutaneous fat: itchy rash, acne, urticaria.
- Infectious processes: gastroenteritis (inflammatory changes in the stomach and small intestine).
Storage conditions and periods
Store Omega 3-6-9 protected from moisture and light at a temperature of 15-25 ° C. The shelf life is two years.