Omnadren 250 is used in men: for substitution therapy for primary or secondary hypogonadism (eunuchoidism, hypopituitarism, post-castration syndrome, oligospermia); with male menopause, impotence (impotentia generandi virilis); with androgen deficiency (adiposogenital syndrome, Addison’s disease, pituitary dwarfism); with infertility (some types caused by impaired spermatogenesis). Among women: with breast cancer; with osteoporosis against the background of androgen deficiency; with ovarian cancer; with dysfunctional bleeding with hyperestrogenism, uterine myoma, endometriosis, climacteric disorders (in combination with estrogens); with premenstrual syndrome.
Omnadren 250 composition
Active ingredients: testosterone propionate (30 mg), testosterone isocapronate (60 mg), testosterone phenylpropionate (60 mg), testosterone capronate (100 mg).
Available in the form of an oil solution for injection.
Omnadren 250 is an androgenic agent. It is a mixture of different testosterone esters. Testosterone is produced in the male reproductive glands, namely in the Leydig cells. This hormone is necessary for the formation of the prostate gland, testes, seminal vesicles, the development of secondary and tertiary sexual characteristics, and acts on spermatogenesis. It is important for the processes of stimulation and maintenance of male sexual function. It has an anabolic effect, increases the content of mineral salts in bones, increases skeletal muscle mass, stimulates the formation of erythropoietin by the kidneys, and increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood. In healthy men, exogenous testosterone inhibits the release of endogenous hormone, suppresses spermatogenesis, influencing the reverse inhibition of the secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). In men with functional disorders of the pituitary gland, it eliminates the symptoms of hypogonadism. In women, it has an estrogen antagonistic effect. It causes inhibition of the gonadotropic activity of the pituitary gland, suppresses the function of the mammary glands.
Omnadren 250 is used in men:
- for substitution therapy for primary or secondary hypogonadism (eunuchoidism, hypopituitarism, post-castration syndrome, oligospermia);
- with male menopause, impotence (impotentia generandi virilis);
- with androgen deficiency (adiposogenital syndrome, Addison’s disease, pituitary dwarfism);
- with infertility (some types caused by impaired spermatogenesis).
- with breast cancer;
- with osteoporosis against the background of androgen deficiency;
- with ovarian cancer;
- with dysfunctional bleeding with hyperestrogenism, uterine myoma, endometriosis, climacteric disorders (in combination with estrogens);
- with premenstrual syndrome.
It can be used for various forms of hermaphroditism.
- with an allergy to an active ingredient;
- with intolerance to auxiliary components;
- with established or suspected carcinoma of the prostate;
- with gynecomastia;
- with hypercalcemia;
- with hypercalciuria;
- with heart failure;
- with renal / hepatic failure;
- in boys in the prepubertal period;
- in asthenics, men of advanced age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Use during pregnancy is unacceptable.
If necessary, treatment should stop breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
Omnadren 250 is administered intramuscularly – deep into the gluteal muscle.
Doses are set depending on the indications, the patient’s response.
The standard dose is 1 ml once every 4 weeks.
Symptoms: priapism (painful sensations during erection) in men, hoarseness in women.
- Endocrine disorders: women – menstrual disorders, amenorrhea, masculinization, inhibition of gonadotropin secretion; men – oligospermia, gynecomastia, priapism, impaired spermatogenesis.
- Dermatological disorders: male pattern baldness, hirsutism, acne.
- Electrolyte disorders: retention of chlorine, sodium, water, calcium, potassium, inorganic phosphates.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, liver dysfunction, cholestatic jaundice, “hepatic” purpura, tumor neoplasms of the liver.
- Hematological disorders: inhibition of the activity of plasma hemostasis factors II, V, VII, X, bleeding, polycythemia.
- Neurological disorders: libido disorders, fear, headaches, paresthesia.
- Metabolic disorders: hypercholesterolemia.
- In boys – premature closure of the epiphyses of the bones, premature puberty.
- Others: soreness, inflammation at the injection site.
Storage conditions and periods
Store at temperatures from +15 to + 25 ° С for no more than 3 years.