Acute bacterial sinusitis; acute otitis media of the middle ear; acute streptococcal tonsillitis and pharyngitis; exacerbation of chronic bronchitis; community-acquired pneumonia acute cystitis, asymptomatic bacteriuria during pregnancy; acute pyelonephritis; dental abscesses with common cellulite; infections of prosthetic joints; eradication of Helicobacter pylori (as part of combination therapy); lyme disease.
Ospamox DT composition and form of release
Active ingredient: amoxicillin.
Available in the form of dispersible (soluble) tablets of 500 mg.
It is a penicillin antibiotic with a wide range of activity. Destroys pathogenic microbes by acting on the wall of their cells.
Ospamox DT is prescribed for infection:
- respiratory tract (tonsillitis, otitis media, retropharyngeal abscess, sinusitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia);
- biliary tract (cholecystitis, cholangitis);
- urinary tract;
- bone tissue;
- genital tract;
- leather, fabrics, incl. with wounds from animal bites;
- with odontogenic infection (due to the spread of bacteria from the affected teeth).
Amoxicillin Ospamox DT should not be prescribed:
- with intolerance, allergies to the constituent drugs;
- in case of allergic reactions to beta-lactams (penicillins, cephalosporins, carbapenems) in the past;
- with infectious mononucleosis;
- with liver dysfunction due to the use of amoxicillin in the past;
- with lymphocytic leukemia;
- with cholestatic jaundice (due to a violation of the outflow of bile).
Ospamox DT is used with caution in the treatment of anticoagulants, pseudomembranous colitis in the past, kidney / liver failure, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Studies have not shown teratogenic effects (effects on the development of the embryo). Use in a pregnant woman increases the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis in a newborn. Therefore, you need to avoid the use of this medication at this time (especially in the first trimester).
Amoxicillin can be excreted in mother’s milk, therefore, diarrhea and fungal infection in the infant are possible.
Method of administration and dosage
Amoxicillin Ospamox DT is administered orally. The tablet can be swallowed whole or chewed with water. You can also dilute it in water (20-100 ml).
Food intake does not affect the absorption of the drug.
The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor. Standard therapy lasts 7-10 days or until symptoms disappear + 2-3 days.
When infected with beta-hemolytic streptococcus, the standard course is at least 10 days.
Adults, as well as children weighing 40 kg or more, are prescribed 1500-3000 mg / day, divided into 3-4 doses. In severe infections, the dose can be increased to 4000-6000 mg / day.
The maximum possible dose is 6000 mg / day.
- For severe or recurrent (recurrent) respiratory tract infection, 3000 mg / day is recommended.
- In acute uncomplicated urinary tract infection – 3000 mg x2 times with an interval of 10-12 hours.
- Special recommendations for children: for tonsillitis – 50 mg / kg / day.
Symptoms: water and electrolyte disorders, digestive disorders.
Seizures may occur in patients with kidney failure.
Treatment: correction of water-electrolyte changes. Urgent (up to 4 hours) gastric lavage, appointment of sorbents.
Amoxicillin is excreted by hemodialysis.
Possible antibiotic-associated colitis (including pseudomembranous, hemorrhagic), gastritis, nausea, black and “hairy” tongue, stomatitis, angioedema, cholestatic jaundice, anaphylactic reactions, allergic vasculitis, hepatitis, increased alkaline phosphatase activity, ALT / AST, bilirubin in the blood, reversible leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia / thrombocytosis, increased prothrombin time / bleeding time, eosinophilia, hemolytic anemia, redness, urticaria, rash, pruritus, erythema multiforme exudative, diarrhea, exfoliative-dermatological syndrome necrolysis, exanthematous pustulosis, dizziness, agitation, convulsions, aseptic meningitis, hyperactivity, insomnia, anxiety, headache, behavior change, hematuria, interstitial nephritis, skin / mucosal candidiasis, crystalluria.
Storage conditions and periods
Ospamox DT should be stored at 15-30 ° C for no more than 3 years.