For local treatment of inflammatory skin processes complicated by bacterial infection, such as impetigo, folliculitis; allergic skin diseases (urticaria, eczema, pruritus); burns and frostbite of the first degree; reactions after insect bites; erysipelas.
Main active ingredients: oxytetracycline hydrochloride, hydrocortisone acetate.
Auxiliary components: sorbitan trioleate, lecithin, isopropyl myristate, propellant (propane, butane, isobutane).
It is produced in the form of an aerosol suspension, in cans of 32.25 grams. 1 gram of solution contains oxytetracycline hydrochloride 9.30 mg and hydrocortisone 3.10 mg
This drug Oxicort belongs to the group of corticosteroid and antimicrobial drugs, as well as their combinations, intended for the treatment of certain diseases in ophthalmology and otology.
The effect of the drug is explained by the characteristics of its main active ingredients. The main active ingredients are: oxytetracycline hydrochloride, hydrocortisone acetate.
Hydrocortisone is a glucocorticosteroid drug that produces mild anti-inflammatory, as well as antiallergic and decongestant (antiexudative) effects.
Oxytetracycline belongs to the antibiotics of the tetracycline group. Among other things, it has the property of inhibiting (inhibiting) the synthesis of bacterial proteins.
This property explains its bacteriostatic effect, which also affects gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
This drug Oxicort is used in the treatment of dermatological diseases complicated by a bacterial infection, such as:
- impetigo, folliculitis;
- allergic skin diseases (urticaria, eczema, pruritus);
- 1st degree burns and frostbite;
- reactions after insect bites;
- reactions after erysipelas.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
Also contraindicated for:
- damage to the skin;
- bacterial infections (pyoderma, syphilitic, tuberculous lesions);
- viral infections (chickenpox, herpes simplex, herpes zoster, common warts, flat warts, genital warts, molluscum contagiosum);
- infections caused by fungi, yeast;
- parasitic infections (scabies);
- ulcerative skin lesions, ichthyosis;
- juvenile plantar dermatosis;
- acne vulgaris, rosacea;
- with fragility of skin vessels, skin atrophy;
- with skin neoplasms.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is contraindicated in the treatment of pregnant women.
If it is necessary to use the drug, if a woman is lactating, then breastfeeding should be suspended for the duration of treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
Oxicort is intended for use in dermatology.
Irrigate the affected areas of the skin with a stream of suspension, holding the balloon vertically, with the spray head upward, from a distance of 15-20 cm for 1-3 seconds. Apply 2-4 times a day at regular intervals.
Shake well before use.
Correction of the duration of treatment, dosages and treatment regimens is determined by the attending physician individually, depending on the individual indicators of the course of the disease.
Overdose for a long period can cause hypercortisolism.
The drug is usually well tolerated. In cases of hypersensitivity, reactions such as:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- rash, dermatitis, allergic urticaria;
- hyperemia, swelling, itching, atrophic skin changes, hypertrichosis;
- frequent eye contact can cause glaucoma, conjunctivitis;
- hypercortisolism (glucosuria, hyperglycemia, reversible suppression of adrenal cortex function, Itsenko-Cushing’s syndrome);
- lethargy, ringing in the ears, tachycardia, vomiting, wheezing, paresthesia, anaphylaxis).
Storage conditions and periods
Expiration date – 3 years from the date of manufacture indicated on the package.
The storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.