Treatment of infectious and inflammatory processes caused by microorganisms sensitive to the drug: respiratory tract infections (including acute bronchitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, acute sinusitis, non-hospital pneumonia); kidney and urinary tract infections (including complicated urinary tract infections, acute pyelonephritis, uncomplicated urinary tract infections (cystitis)); uncomplicated urethral gonorrhea in men; endocervical gonorrhea in women.
Ozerlik composition and form of release
Active ingredient: gatifloxacin (400 mg).
Available in tablet form.
It is an antimicrobial agent belonging to the fluoroquinolone group. The drug is effective against microorganisms that are resistant to other groups of antibiotics.
Ozerlik is used:
- with respiratory tract infections (including acute bronchitis, lung abscess, chronic respiratory infection in the acute phase, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia);
- with infections of the kidneys, urinary tract (including with acute or chronic pyelonephritis, prostatitis, cystitis, chronic infection of the genitourinary system);
- with skin infection;
- with soft tissue infection;
- with infection of bones, joints;
- with an infection of the digestive tract.
- if you are allergic to gatifloxacin, other fluoroquinolones;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- with pathology of the central nervous system (reduced convulsive threshold, epilepsy).
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated.During treatment, stop breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
The drug Ozerlik is prescribed inside.
Dosage and duration of use depend on the severity of the infectious process:
- Standard dosage for exacerbation of chronic bronchitis is 400 mg / day, course is 5-7 days.
- The standard dosage for acute sinusitis is 400 mg / day, the course is 10 days.
- The standard dosage for community-acquired pneumonia is 400 mg / day, the course is 7-14 days.
- The standard dosage for uncomplicated urinary tract infection is 400 mg / day once or 200 mg / day for 3 days.
- The standard dosage for pyelonephritis, complicated urinary tract infection is 400 mg / day, the course is 7-10 days.
- The standard dosage for uncomplicated urethral gonorrhea in men or uncomplicated vaginal, rectal gonorrhea in women is 400 mg once.
Overdose symptoms: confusion, decreased activity, dizziness, psychosis, bradypnea, tremor, convulsions.
With the development of an overdose, it is necessary to monitor the patient’s condition (including ECG), sufficient hydration, symptomatic, supportive treatment.
- Immune disorders: allergic manifestations, serum sickness, vasculitis, anaphylactoid reactions, angioedema.
- Dermatological disorders: hyperemia, exanthema, pruritus, photosensitivity, urticaria, phototoxicity, eczema, dry skin, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, sweating, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- Neurological disorders: agitation, impaired consciousness, agitation, depression, anxiety, nervousness, anxiety, nightmares, paranoia, sleep disorders, paresthesia, impaired taste, dizziness, tremor, headache, convulsions, visual disturbances, tinnitus, ototoxicity.
- Cardiovascular disorders: arterial hypotension / hypertension, tachycardia / bradycardia, syncope, peripheral edema, palpitations, prolongation of the Q-T interval on the ECG.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: abdominal pain, constipation, anorexia, flatulence, gastritis, glossitis, oral candidiasis, stomatitis, heartburn, diarrhea, impaired appetite, vomiting, thirst, pancreatitis, bleeding.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myalgia, arthropathy, convulsions, arthralgia, tendovaginitis, tendonitis, tendon ruptures.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: cholestasis, jaundice, changes in liver function tests, acute necrosis of hepatocytes, hepatitis, hepatocellular insufficiency.
- Endocrine disorders: hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia.
- Urinary disorders: renal dysfunction, crystalluria, dysuria, vaginitis, transient nephritis, hematuria.
- Respiratory disorders: shortness of breath, pharyngitis.
- Changes in laboratory parameters: neutropenia, increased ALP, ALT, AST, bilirubin, amylase, changes in electrolyte levels, increased INR / prothrombin time, anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Others: weakness, fever, chills, back pain, chest pain, asthenia.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Ozerlik in its original packaging at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
It is good for three years after production.