Dyspepsia; simultaneous use of hard-to- digest vegetable, fatty and unusual foods; flatulence associated with the above disorders; acceleration of the passage of food in the intestine of a functional nature.
Pancreatin 8000 composition
active substance: 1 tablet contains 0.24 g of pancreatin, which corresponds to the activity of at least 8000 lipolytic IU., 5800 amylolytic IU. and 380 proteolytic IU .;
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, sodium chloride, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylate copolymer dispersion, talc, polyethylene glycol (macrogol), titanium dioxide (E 171), carmoisine (E 122).
Coated tablets are enteric-coated.
Pancreatin 8000 is an enzyme preparation. Pancreatic enzymes (lipase, amylase and protease), which are part of it, facilitate the digestion of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, which promotes their complete absorption in the small intestine. In diseases of the pancreas, the drug compensates for the lack of its exocrine function and improves digestion.
- Diseases that are accompanied by indigestion due to insufficient secretion of digestive enzymes by the pancreas, such as chronic pancreatitis.
- Conditions after simultaneous resection of the stomach and small intestine, functional acceleration of food passage through the intestine, intestinal disorders, simultaneous consumption of indigestible vegetable, fatty and unusual foods.
- Preparation for X-ray or ultrasound diagnostic tests.
Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug; acute pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis in the acute stage (but episodic exacerbation is possible in the phase of attenuating exacerbation when expanding the diet in the presence of disorders of the pancreas).
Used for children over 6 years.
Use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
During pregnancy or breastfeeding, the drug is prescribed by a doctor if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus or child.
Method of application and dosage
The dose depends on the deficiency of pancreatic enzymes in the duodenum and is set individually.
If there are no other recommendations, as well as in cases of indigestion of plant foods, fatty or unusual foods, take 1-2 tablets. In other cases, in case of indigestion, the recommended dose is 2-4 tablets. If necessary, the dose can be increased. Dose escalation to reduce the symptoms of the disease, such as steatorrhea or abdominal pain, should only be performed under the supervision of a physician. The daily dose of lipase should not exceed 15000−20000 lipolytic IU per 1 kg of body weight.
Pancreatin 8000 tablets are taken with food, swallowed whole and with plenty of fluids, such as a glass of water.
The duration of treatment depends on the course of the disease and is determined by the doctor individually.
The question of the dosage of the drug and the duration of treatment for children is decided by the doctor. The drug is prescribed in the daily dose required to normalize bowel movements, but not more than 1500 lipolytic IU per 1 kg of body weight of a child under 12 years of age. For children aged 12 to 18 years, the daily dose of enzymes should not exceed 15000−20000 lipolytic IU lipase per 1 kg of body weight.
Hyperuricemia and hyperuricosuria have been observed with very high doses of other pancreatin drugs.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy.
- Immune system disorders: Allergic reactions, including rash, pruritus, sneezing, urticaria, lacrimation, bronchospasm, anaphylactic reactions. Due to the content of carmoisine, allergic reactions are possible.
- From the digestive tract: diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, changes in the nature of stools; possible development of intestinal obstruction, constipation, bloating.
In case of any side effects, consult a doctor.
Store in the original package at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of reach of children!