Dyspepsia; simultaneous use of hard-to- digest vegetable, fatty and unusual foods; flatulence associated with the above disorders; acceleration of the passage of food in the intestine of a functional nature.
Pancreatin 8000 composition
active substances: 1 tablet contains pancreatin with enzymatic activity of at least 8000 lipolytic IU, 5600 amylolytic IU, 370 proteolytic IU;
Excipients: sodium chloride, colloidal anhydrous silica, microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, croscarmellose sodium, povidone 25, magnesium stearate, methacrylate copolymer dispersion, talc, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide (carmozine 122).
Tablets are gastroresistant.
Pancreatin 8000 is a multi-enzyme preparation. Pancreatic enzymes (lipase, amylase and protease), which are part of it, facilitate the digestion of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, which promotes their complete absorption in the small intestine. In diseases of the pancreas, the drug compensates for the lack of its exocrine function and improves digestion.
- Diseases that are accompanied by indigestion due to insufficient secretion of digestive enzymes by the pancreas, such as chronic pancreatitis.
- Conditions after simultaneous resection of the stomach and small intestine, functional acceleration of food passage through the intestine, intestinal disorders, simultaneous consumption of indigestible vegetable, fatty and unusual foods.
- Flatulence and preparation for X-ray or ultrasound diagnostic tests.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Acute pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis in the acute stage.
- The drug should not be used in patients with intestinal obstruction.
There is no experience of using the drug in children, so it is not recommended for use in this age group of patients.
Use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
Security is not installed.
The drug should be avoided during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Method of application and dosage
The dose of Pancreatin 8000 depends on the deficiency of pancreatic enzymes in the duodenum and is set individually.
If there are no other recommendations, as well as in cases of indigestion of plant foods, fatty or unusual foods, take 1-2 tablets of Pancreatin 8000. In other cases mentioned above, in case of indigestion, the recommended dose is 2-4 tablets. If necessary, the dose can be increased. Increasing the dose to reduce the symptoms of the disease, such as steatorrhea or abdominal pain, should only be performed under the supervision of a physician. The daily dose of lipase should not exceed 15000-20000 IU per 1 kg of body weight.
Take the tablets with a meal, swallow whole and drink plenty of fluids, such as 1 glass of water.
The duration of treatment depends on the course of the disease and is determined by the doctor individually.
Hyperuricemia and hyperuricosuria have been observed with extremely high doses of pancreatin. Treatment is symptomatic.
- From the immune system: allergic reactions of the immediate type (skin rash, itching, sneezing, tearing, bronchospasm), anaphylactic reactions (urticaria, angioneurotic edema)
- On the skin: urticaria, redness, itching.
- From the digestive tract: with high doses of pancreatin, narrowing may occur in the ileocecal area and in the ascending colon. Very rare: diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, change in bowel movements; possible development of intestinal obstruction, constipation, vomiting, bloating.
- From the genitourinary system: there may be increased excretion of uric acid in the urine, especially with high doses of pancreatin. To avoid the formation of uric acid stones in such patients should control its content in the urine.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 oC.
Keep out of reach of children.