Violation of the exocrine function of the pancreas, accompanied by digestive disorders.
Pangrol 10000 composition and form of release
Produced in capsules of 20 per pack.
Composition of one tablet: Lipase (10,000 IU), amylase (9500 IU), protease (500 IU).
The drug helps to digest food. The main active ingredient of the drug is pancreatin, an enzyme to improve digestion.
Pangrol 10000 has lipolytic, proteolytic and amylolytic action, replenishing the lack of enzymes. Digests all substances.
Pancreatic enzymes regulate the digestive processes, normalize the condition and functioning of the digestive system.
It has an analgesic effect and suppresses the stimulated secretory activity of the pancreas.
The tablets have a protective coating that is resistant to gastric juices. It dissolves only in the intestines, releasing enzymes. The effect of taking is felt within 40 minutes after Pangrol gets inside.
The drug Pangrol 10000 is prescribed for insufficiency of the exocrine part of the pancreas caused by various conditions:
- with chronic pancreatitis;
- with pancreatectomy (removal of the pancreas);
- with gastrectomy (removal of the stomach);
- with Billroth II resection (gastrointestinal anastomosis);
- with cystic fibrosis;
- with obstruction (blockage) of the pancreatic / common bile duct (stone or tumor);
- with pancreatic cancer;
- with congenital hypoplasia (underdevelopment) of the pancreas, incl. Schwachman-Diamond syndrome;
- in acute pancreatitis – from the moment of switching to enteral nutrition;
- with other diseases accompanied by insufficiency of the exocrine part of the gland.
- with allergy to pancreatin;
- with intolerance to excipients;
- with acute pancreatitis;
- with gallstone disease;
- with liver failure;
- with hepatitis;
- with obstructive jaundice;
- with obstructive intestinal obstruction.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There are no data on the effect of pancreatic enzyme preparations on the course of pregnancy or the condition of the fetus. Application is possible only on the recommendation of a doctor.
Method of administration and dosage
The capsules are taken orally whole, without chewing or crushing. The drug is taken with water or juice. In some cases, capsules can be dissolved in liquids.
In each individual case, there are individual dosages, depending on the severity of the digestive system disorders.
The average dose is 2-4 capsules of Pangrol 10000 before meals.
The maximum dose of the drug is 15,000-20,000 units.
The duration of taking the drug depends on the severity of the digestive disorders and is determined by the doctor.
The use of enzyme pharmaceuticals in very high doses may be accompanied by hyperuricosuria (an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood), hyperuricemia (an increase in the level of uric acid in the urine). In patients with cystic fibrosis, when using high doses of this pharmaceutical agent, narrowings may occur in the ascending part of the colon, ileocecal region.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to assess the patient’s condition by a specialist and conduct symptomatic therapy.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence (bloating), vomiting, changes in stool, abdominal pain / discomfort, constipation / diarrhea.
- Urinary disorders: when used in high doses in patients with cystic fibrosis, an increased excretion of uric acid in the urine is possible, therefore, in such patients it is necessary to control its value in the urine (in order to avoid the formation of uric acid stones).
- Immune disorders: manifestations of allergies, incl. skin rashes, bronchospasm, sneezing, lacrimation, itching. In isolated cases, severe allergic reactions may occur, accompanied by shortness of breath, swelling of the face, a drop in blood pressure (angioedema, anaphylactic shock).
Storage conditions and periods
It should be stored in undamaged original packaging in a place protected from moisture, sunlight, no more than 2 years. Optimum temperature range: from + 15 ° С to + 25 ° С. Parents should ensure that medications are not available to children.