Pangastro is prescribed: with peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach (for the treatment or prevention of relapses); with reflux esophagitis; with gastroesophageal reflux disease; with NSAID-associated gastropathy – changes in the walls of the stomach caused by the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; with acute pancreatitis (to exclude the secretory activity of the gland); with hypersecretory conditions (polyendocrine adenomatosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, stress ulcer, systemic mastocytosis); in the schemes of eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
Pantasan composition and form of release
Active ingredient: pantoprazole (40 mg).
Available in tablet form.
It is an antiulcer drug. The drug acts by inhibiting the H + / K + -ATPase proton pump. When active molecules enter the tubular lumen of parietal cells, where the medium is acidic, they are oxidized, transforming into an active form. In this form, they bind the SH-groups of the H + / K + -ATPase, blocking (irreversibly) this enzyme. This disrupts the formation of hydrochloric acid (HCl), which is the main component of gastric juice.
Pantasan is prescribed:
- with peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach (for the treatment or prevention of relapses);
- with reflux esophagitis;
- with gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- with NSAID-associated gastropathy – changes in the walls of the stomach caused by the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- with acute pancreatitis (to exclude the secretory activity of the gland);
- with hypersecretory conditions (polyendocrine adenomatosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, stress ulcer, systemic mastocytosis);
- in the schemes of eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
- with intolerance to pantoprazole, auxiliary components of the drug;
- while taking nelfinavir, atazanavir and some other drugs (see package leaflet).
Not prescribed for children under 12 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Pantasan is used only when necessary. In the course of studies on animals, the embryotoxicity of the drug was demonstrated.
During the period of breastfeeding, the medicine is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Pantasan is used orally one hour before meals. The tablet is swallowed whole, without chewing, without crushing.
- The standard dose for the symptomatic treatment of GERD gastroesophageal reflux disease is 20 mg / day for 2-4 weeks.
- The standard dose for the prevention of stomach ulcers, duodenal ulcers caused by the use of nonselective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is 20 mg / day.
- The standard dose for the treatment of reflux esophagitis is 40-80 mg / day, the course is 4 weeks. For the eradication of H. plori (in combination with antibiotics) – 40 mg 2 times a day, the course is 7-14 days.
The standard dose for the treatment of stomach ulcers is 40-80 mg / day, the course is 4 weeks.
- The standard dose for the treatment of duodenal ulcers is 40-80 mg / day, the course is 4 weeks.
- The standard dose for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and other hypersecretory conditions is 80-160 mg, the duration of use is limited to the period necessary to control acidity.
Overdose symptoms: dyspeptic disorders, weakness.
In case of an overdose, the drug is canceled, supportive therapy is prescribed.
- Hematological disorders: agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, pancytopenia.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, agitation, headache, insomnia, blurred vision, paresthesia, dizziness, depression, confusion, aggression, hallucinations.
- Digestive disorders: constipation / diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, vomiting, taste disturbance, stomatitis, microscopic colitis, gastrointestinal candidiasis, increased liver transaminases, hepatitis, jaundice, liver failure, hepatic encephalopathy.
- Dermatological disorders: pruritus, alopecia, dermatitis, urticaria, rash, photosensitivity, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, cutaneous lupus erythematosus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: fracture of the bones of the wrist, myalgia, fracture of the vertebrae, fractures of the femoral neck, arthralgia, muscle weakness.
- Respiratory disorders: bronchospasm.
- Genitourinary disorders: renal failure, interstitial nephritis, gynecomastia.
- Metabolic disorders: peripheral edema, hypomagnesemia, hyponatremia, severe hypomagnesemia.
- Immune disorders: hypersensitivity reactions (anaphylactic reaction / shock, fever, angioedema).
- General disorders: sweating, malaise.
Storage conditions and periods
Store at temperatures from +15 to +25 ° С for no more than three years.