Pantecrem is used: for the treatment of reddened, dry skin, skin with cracks; for epithelialization, accelerating skin healing in case of damage (scratches, minor burns), with skin irritations, skin ulcers, bedsores; for treating the skin of patients before and after topical application of corticosteroid drugs; with erosion of the cervix; with anal fissures; for the care of the mammary glands of women during breastfeeding, for the treatment of irritations, cracked nipples. for baby care: prevention / treatment of diaper dermatitis; after skin grafting.
Pantecrem composition and form of release
Available as a 5% cream.
The active ingredient of the cream is dexpanthenol.
Pantecrem is a remedy for damage to mucous membranes.
The active ingredient (dexpanthenol) is rapidly converted to pantothenic acid in cells, and acts as a vitamin. In the form of acetylcoenzyme A, it plays an important role in the metabolic processes of each cell. The drug has a hydrophilic base, so it is quickly absorbed when applied to the skin, making it suitable for treating unprotected areas of the skin (for example, the skin of the face), weeping wounds, areas of the skin covered with hair.
Pantecrem is used:
- for the treatment of reddened, dry skin, skin with cracks;
- for epithelialization, accelerating skin healing in case of damage (scratches, minor burns), with skin irritations, skin ulcers, bedsores;
- for treating the skin of patients before and after topical application of corticosteroid drugs;
- with erosion of the cervix;
- with anal fissures;
- for the care of the mammary glands of women during breastfeeding, for the treatment of irritations, cracked nipples.
- for baby care: prevention / treatment of diaper dermatitis;
- after skin grafting.
Do not use this medicine for allergy components.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is allowed to use this remedy on the recommendation of a doctor.
When used to treat cracked nipples, the cream must be rinsed off before feeding.
Method of administration and dosage
When applying, avoid contact with eyes.
Recommendations for the use of Pantecrem:
- to accelerate healing, epithelialization, regular skin care, the cream is applied once or several times a day (depending on the need);
- for the care of the mammary glands during the period of breastfeeding: after each feeding, apply the cream to the nipples;
- for the treatment of defects in the cervical mucosa: the cream is applied once or several times a day (treatment is carried out under the supervision of a doctor);
- for the care of babies, the cream is used after each diaper / diaper change;
- for the care of weeping wounds, unprotected skin surfaces and hairy skin areas. It can be used to treat painful sunburn, other minor burns.
No cases of overdose were reported.
In case of accidental poisoning as a result of ingestion, irritation of the mucous membrane of the digestive tract can occur, which is manifested by nausea, pain or discomfort in the abdomen, and changes in stool.
In case of an overdose, you should immediately seek medical help.
Therapeutic measures: you should artificially induce vomiting or immediately flush the stomach with a tube (in the first few hours after ingestion), apply drugs absorbing toxins (enterosorbents), symptomatic treatment is shown that is adequate to the patient’s condition.
Possible disorders of the immune system, as well as reactions of the skin, subcutaneous tissues (contact dermatitis itching, rashes, eczema, erythema, skin irritation, urticaria, blistering).
Storage conditions and periods
The Pantecrem preparation must be stored in its original packaging in compliance with the temperature regime (up to 25 ° C), without direct exposure to sunlight. The cream must not be frozen. The maximum shelf life of the cream is indicated on the packaging (usually three years). Parents must ensure the safety of their children by limiting their access to medication.