Acute and chronic infections of the respiratory tract and ENT organs (bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillar angina, rhinopharyngitis).
active substance: 1 g of solution contains 800 mg of liquid extract from the roots of Pelargonium sidoides (1: 8-10), extractant: ethanol 11% (m / m);
excipients: glycerin (85%).
Pelorsin contains Pelargonium sidoides root extract.
The agent affects the mechanism of attachment of bacteria and viruses to the mucous membrane, thereby preventing the penetration of viruses and bacteria into the body. The drug has a pronounced immunomodulatory effect, which leads to a rapid suppression of viral infection. It also prevents the growth of bacteria that have already entered the body, thereby preventing the development of complications. The drug helps to activate the mechanisms of cleansing the respiratory tract, improves the excretion of viscous mucus and eliminates the conditions for the further reproduction of pathogenic bacteria.
Treatment with the drug leads to a rapid weakening of symptoms such as cough, severe sputum discharge, general malaise, fever and runny nose, significantly reduces the duration of the disease, and suppresses the development of microorganism resistance.
Acute and chronic infections of the respiratory tract and ENT organs (bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillar tonsillitis, rhinopharyngitis).
- hypersensitivity to drug components;
an increased tendency to bleeding, taking medications that slow down the blood clotting process;
- severe liver and kidney disease (due to the lack of sufficient experience with the use of this drug in such cases).
There is no experience of using the drug in children under the age of 1 year, therefore, Pelorsin is prescribed for children from 1 year old.
The use of the drug for the treatment of young children (from 1 to 6 years) is recommended under medical supervision.
Application during pregnancy or lactation.
It is not recommended to take the drug during pregnancy or lactation due to insufficient clinical experience with its use in this group of patients.
Method of administration and dosage
Pelorsin solution should be taken with a small amount of liquid 30 minutes before meals in the morning, afternoon and evening.
In the acute stage of the disease, they are usually prescribed:
- adults and children over 12 years old – 30 drops 3 times a day;
- children from 6 to 12 years old – 20 drops 3 times a day;
- children from 1 to 6 years old – 10 drops 3 times a day.
For the prevention of relapses and further treatment of chronic diseases, adults and children over 12 years of age are prescribed 10–20 drops of the drug 3 times a day.
The average duration of the course of treatment of acute illness and prevention of relapse is 7-10 days. The total duration of treatment should not exceed 3 weeks.
Hold the bottle upright, if necessary, tap the bottom slightly.
So far, no cases of overdose have been reported. An increase in adverse reactions is possible.
- From the digestive tract: disorders of the digestive tract (including stomach pain, heartburn, nausea, diarrhea), slight bleeding from the gums.
- From the respiratory system: mild nosebleeds.
- On the part of the skin / on the part of the immune system: hypersensitivity reactions (including skin rashes, urticaria, itching of the skin and mucous membranes). In extremely isolated cases, severe hypersensitivity reactions with facial edema, shortness of breath and a decrease in blood pressure are possible).
- From the hepatobiliary system: increased liver function indicators. A causal relationship between an increase in these indicators and the use of the drug has not been demonstrated.
Shelf life after opening the bottle is 3 months.
Do not use the drug after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Store in original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС. Do not freeze.
Keep out of the reach of children.