Pemozar is prescribed: with gastroesophageal reflux disease; with acute pancreatitis (to turn off the secretory activity of the gland); with NSAID-associated gastropathy – changes in the walls of the stomach caused by prolonged use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals; with hypersecretory conditions (stress ulcer, polyendocrine adenomatosis, systemic mastocytosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome); with peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach (treatment and prevention of relapses); in the scheme of eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
Active ingredient: esomeprazole.
Available in the form of a lyophilisate for solution preparation (40 mg / vial).
It is an antiulcer drug. Acts by inhibiting the work of the proton pump H + / K + -ATPase. When the parietal cells enter the lumen of the canaliculus with an acidic environment, active molecules are oxidized, converted into an active form. In this form, they bind the SH-groups of the H + / K + -ATPase, irreversibly blocking this enzyme. This leads to a violation of the formation of HCl (hydrochloric acid) – the main component of gastric juice.
Pemozar is prescribed:
- with gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- with acute pancreatitis (to turn off the secretory activity of the gland);
- with NSAID-associated gastropathy – changes in the walls of the stomach caused by prolonged use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals;
- with hypersecretory conditions (stress ulcer, polyendocrine adenomatosis, systemic mastocytosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome);
- with peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach (treatment and prevention of relapses);
- in the scheme of eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- while taking nelfinavir, atazanavir.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the drug is used with caution. During breastfeeding, this medicine is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Pemozar is used parenterally (intravenously).
For patients who are contraindicated in oral forms of the drug, the drug is prescribed at a dose of 40 mg once a day. Increase the dose if necessary.
The solution should be used immediately after preparation.
Possible overdose symptoms: dyspepsia, weakness.
Overdose relief measures include stopping treatment, maintenance therapy.
- Blood changes: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, pancytopenia.
- Neurological disorders: blurred vision, headache, insomnia, paresthesia, dizziness, drowsiness, agitation, depression, aggression, confusion, hallucinations.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation / diarrhea, nausea / vomiting, dry mouth, taste disturbance, gastrointestinal candidiasis, stomatitis, microscopic colitis, increased activity of hepatic transaminases, hepatitis with / without jaundice, liver failure, hepatic encephalopathy.
- Respiratory disorders: bronchospasm.
- Dermatological disorders: dermatitis, urticaria, pruritus, rash, alopecia, photosensitivity, erythema multiforme, toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: hip fractures, fracture of the wrist bones, fracture of the vertebrae, arthralgia, myalgia, muscle weakness.
- Genitourinary disorders: interstitial nephritis, renal failure, gynecomastia.
- Immune disorders: hypersensitivity reactions (fever, anaphylactic reaction / shock, angioedema).
- Metabolic disorders: peripheral edema, hyponatremia, hypomagnesemia, severe hypomagnesemia.
- General disorders: malaise, sweating.
- Disorders at the injection site: mild inflammatory response.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. Pemozar has a shelf life of 2 years.