Pentilin is used: with atherosclerotic encephalopathy; with ischemic cerebral stroke; with discirculatory encephalopathy; in violation of peripheral blood circulation caused by diabetic angiopathy, atherosclerosis, inflammatory processes; with trophic disorders in tissues associated with venous damage; in violation of microcirculation (frostbite, trophic ulcers, post-thrombophlebitic syndrome, gangrene); with obliterating endarteritis; with angioneuropathy (Raynaud’s disease); in case of impaired blood circulation of the eye (circulatory failure in the retina, choroid); in case of dysfunction of the inner ear associated with vascular pathology.
Pentilin composition and form of release
Active ingredient: pentoxifylline.
Available in tablet form (400 mg).
It is an agent that improves blood circulation. It is a purine derivative. It has a vasodilator, angioprotective, antiaggregatory, microcirculation-improving effect. The mechanism of action is associated with the ability to inhibit the enzyme phosphodiesterase, stabilize cAMP, and reduce the concentration of intracellular calcium. The drug blocks adenosine receptors, increases the resistance of platelets to deformation, inhibits their aggregation, improves the rheological properties of blood, normalizes microcirculation, and suppresses thrombus formation. The antianginal effect (improved oxygen delivery to the heart muscle) is due to the expansion of the coronary arteries. Expands the vessels of the lungs, improves blood oxygenation. Increases the tone of the intercostal muscles, diaphragm (respiratory muscles).
The drug Pentilin is prescribed:
- with atherosclerotic, discirculatory encephalopathy;
- with ischemic cerebral stroke;
- in violation of peripheral circulation caused by atherosclerosis, inflammation, diabetes mellitus, diabetic angiopathy, obliterating endarteritis, trophic disorders (for example, with postphlebitic syndrome, trophic ulcers, gangrene, frostbite);
- with angioneuropathy (paresthesia, Raynaud’s disease);
- with insufficient circulation of the retina, mucous membrane of the eye;
- with dysfunction of the inner ear, accompanied by hearing loss.
- with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- with acute myocardial infarction;
- with massive bleeding;
- with cerebral hemorrhage;
- with retinal hemorrhage;
- during pregnancy.
- with lability of blood pressure;
- with chronic heart failure;
- with gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer;
- with creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / minute;
- with severe liver dysfunction;
- with a recent surgery;
- with an increased tendency to bleeding.
Not applicable under 18 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is contraindicated in pregnancy.
During treatment, it is required to stop breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
Pentilin is administered orally.
The standard dose is 100-500 mg three times a day.
Symptoms: seizures, low blood pressure, weakness, dizziness, hot flashes, agitation or drowsiness, impaired consciousness.
Treatment: drug withdrawal, gastric lavage, administration of enterosorbents, anticonvulsants, supportive therapy.
- Neurological disorders: headache, anxiety, dizziness, sleep disturbances, visual disturbances, seizures, scotoma, aseptic meningitis.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia, progression of angina pectoris, cardialgia, arrhythmia, drop in blood pressure, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, hypofibrinogenemia.
- Digestive disorders: decreased appetite, dry mouth, intestinal atony, cholestatic hepatitis, exacerbation of cholecystitis, increased activity of liver enzymes (ALP, AST, ALAT, LDH).
- Dermatological disorders: hyperemia of the skin of the face, edema, flushing of the face, upper chest, increased fragility of the nails.
- Allergic reactions: facial flushing, itching, urticaria, anaphylactic shock, angioedema.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Pentilin in intact packaging at temperatures up to +25 degrees Celsius for no more than 5 years.