Perindopres is used in the following cases: arterial hypertension; heart failure; prevention of recurrent stroke in patients with cerebrovascular disease; prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients with documented stable coronary artery disease.
Perindopres composition and form of release
The main active ingredient: 1 tablet contains perindopril tertbutylamine 8 mg.
Excipients: lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; colloidal hydrophobic silicon dioxide; magnesium stearate.
This drug Perindopres belongs to mono-component drugs of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.
The active ingredient promotes the conversion of angiotensin I into angiotensin II (a substance that constricts blood vessels). In addition, it further stimulates the secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal cortex and the dissociation of bradykinin to heptapeptides. Due to the inhibition of ACE, the concentration of angiotensin II in the blood plasma decreases. Following this, the activity of renin in the blood plasma increases (feedback mechanism).
The result of the activity of the drug is a hypotensive effect, as well as an increase in renal blood flow. In this case, the rate of glomerular filtration, as a rule, does not change.
Perindopres is used in the following cases:
- arterial hypertension;
- heart failure;
- prevention of recurrent stroke in patients with cerebrovascular disease;
- prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients with documented stable coronary artery disease.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or one of the auxiliary components.
Contraindications for the use of the drug are:
- a history of angioedema (Quincke’s edema) associated with previous treatment with ACE inhibitors;
- congenital or idiopathic angioedema;
- simultaneous use with drugs containing aliskiren in patients with diabetes mellitus or impaired renal function (glomerular filtration rate <60 ml / min / 1.73 m2);
- simultaneous use with sacubitril / valsartan;
- extracorporeal treatments that cause blood to come into contact with negatively charged surfaces;
- significant bilateral renal artery stenosis or arterial stenosis of a single functioning kidney;
- hepatic encephalopathy;
- severe liver dysfunction;
- as a general rule, this drug should not be prescribed in combination with non-antiarrhythmic drugs that can cause the development of paroxysmal ventricular tachycardia of the “pirouette” type.
The drug is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug Perindopres is contraindicated for use by pregnant women – only under strict indications determined by the attending physician.
If you need to take the drug during breastfeeding, you should stop lactation.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablets can be halved to achieve a dose of 4 mg.
It is recommended to take the medicine once a day in the morning before meals.
In case of overdose, the following effects may occur:
- arterial hypotension;
- confusion of consciousness;
- circulatory shock.
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
As side effects can be observed:
- visual impairment;
- cough, shortness of breath;
- abdominal pain, constipation, dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
- itching, rash, muscle cramps and asthenia.
Storage conditions and periods
Expiration date – up to 2 years from the production date indicated on the package. Storage periods should not be exceeded.
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C. Temperature deviations can change the properties of the preparation, therefore it should always be stored in its original packaging.