active substance: pіperazine adipinate;
1 tablet contains piperazine adipate 200 mg;
excipients: povidone, methylcellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, calcium stearate.
Dosage form. Tablets.
Piperazine and its salts have an anthelmintic effect on various types of nematodes, in particular on roundworm and pinworms. They act on both sexually mature and immature helminths of both sexes, causing paralysis of the muscles of the nematodes, which are subsequently removed by peristaltic bowel movements. The degree of deworming when using the drug is 90-95%, and with repeated use it reaches 100%. Since the drug does not kill ascaris in the intestinal lumen, but only paralyzes their muscles, thanks to which they are retained in the intestine, there is no danger of absorption of biological toxic products of their decay.
Increased individual sensitivity to the active substance or to other components of the drug, organic diseases of the central nervous system, epilepsy, nephritis, chronic hepatic failure, chronic renal failure.
Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction
With the simultaneous use of the drug with other drugs, it is possible:
- with chlorpromazine, phenothiazines (chlorpromazine) – increased extrapyramidal disorders;
- with pyrantel – manifestations of antagonism of action on helminths.
Treatment can be done on an outpatient basis.
Treatment with a drug does not require a special diet or preparation of patients. Use a laxative only if you have a tendency to constipation.
When treating enterobiasis, it is necessary to adhere to a strict hygienic regime.
Weakened patients and patients with anemia should be used with caution.
Application during pregnancy or lactation
Do not use the medicinal product during pregnancy. If necessary, use breastfeeding should be discontinued.
The ability to influence the rate of reactions when driving motor transport or other mechanisms
Caution is required when working with vehicles or machinery due to the possible occurrence of dizziness.
Method of administration and dosage
- Ascariasis: the drug is administered orally 2 times a day for 1 hour or 0.5-1 hour after meals for 2 consecutive days. A single dose is: for children 4-5 years old – 500 mg, 6-8 years old – 750 mg (use the drug in an appropriate dosage), 9-12 years old – 1 g, 13-15 years old – 1.5 g, adults and children over 15 years old – 1.5-2 g.
- Enterobiasis: the drug should be prescribed in the same doses as for ascariasis. The course of treatment is 5 days. Conduct 1-3 cycles of therapy at seven-day intervals. To remove pinworms from the rectum, between courses of treatment at night, put an enema with the addition of 1 glass of 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). The volume of an enema for children is 1-3 glasses, for adults – 4-5 glasses.
The drug should not be used in children under 4 years of age.
Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, tremors, muscle weakness, impaired coordination of movements, cramping abdominal pain. Patients with impaired renal excretory function may experience neurotoxic effects.
Treatment: gastric lavage, intake of activated charcoal or other enterosorbents, prescription of saline laxatives. If necessary, carry out oxygen and transfusion therapy with water load and the further appointment of saluretics. If symptoms of the nervous system occur, inject thiamine hydrochloride.
- From the side of the organs of vision: blurred vision (including blurred vision).
- On the part of the hearing and vestibular apparatus: impaired coordination of movements.
- From the respiratory system, chest and mediastinal organs: bronchospasm.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: abdominal pain of a spastic nature, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- From the nervous system: headache, dizziness, drowsiness, ataxia, muscle weakness, tremor, euphoria, hallucinations, nystagmus, paresthesia, chorea, areflexia, convulsions.
- From the immune system: hypersensitivity reactions, including skin rashes (including urticaria, erythema polymorphism, purpura), itching, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and other allergic reactions.
- On the part of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue: arthralgia.
- General disorders and reactions at the injection site: fever.
The risk of developing adverse reactions (especially neurotoxic complications) is higher in patients with renal insufficiency.
Store Piperazine in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.