To increase the maximum painless walking distance in patients with intermittent lameness who do not have pain at rest and signs of peripheral tissue necrosis (peripheral artery disease, stage II according to Fontaine). Use as a second- line therapy for patients whose lifestyle changes (including Smoking cessation and controlled exercise programs) and other appropriate measures have not significantly reduced the symptoms of intermittent claudication.
Plestazol Composition and release form
Active ingredient: cilostazol.
Available as 50 mg tablets.
Plestazol is an antithrombotic agent (prevents blood clots).
Contains cilostazol – a platelet aggregation inhibitor. Has a vasodilating effect (dilates blood vessels), inhibits the proliferation (reproduction) of smooth muscle cells.
Plestazol is used to increase the maximum distance of painless walking in patients with intermittent claudication – peripheral arterial disease in stage II according to Fontaine (provided there is no pain at rest, as well as signs of tissue necrosis).
- with allergy to cilostazol;
- with intolerance to auxiliary components;
- with chronic kidney disease at stage IV-V;
- with moderate / severe liver failure;
- with congestive heart failure;
- during pregnancy;
- with a tendency to bleeding (peptic ulcer, recent hemorrhagic stroke, proliferative form of diabetic retinopathy, uncontrolled hypertension);
- with ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, multilocular ventricular ectopia, prolongation of the Q – T interval.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The potential risk is unknown. Given the possibility of a negative effect, it is not prescribed for pregnant women, nursing mothers.
Method of administration and dosage
The recommended dose of Plestazol is 100 mg x 2 times / day. The tablet is taken half an hour before meals or 2 hours after – in the morning and in the evening. Usually, improvement occurs after 16-24 weeks of treatment.
If there is no effect within 6 months, therapy should be reviewed.
Symptoms: tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmias, headache, diarrhea.
It is necessary to empty the stomach by induction of vomiting or tube lavage, to carry out supportive therapy.
- Co side of the circulatory / lymphatic systems: bruising, anemia, prolonged bleeding time, tendency to bleeding, thrombocytosis / thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia / agranulocytosis, leukopenia, aplastic anemia, pancytopenia.
- Co side of the immune system: allergy.
- Co side of the digestive system: edema, hyperglycemia, diabetes mellitus, anorexia.
- From the side of the mental system: anxiety.
- Co side of the nervous system: headache, dizziness, insomnia, paresis, unusual dreams, hypesthesia.
- From the side of the organs of vision: conjunctivitis.
- From the side of the hearing organs: tinnitus.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: palpitations, arrhythmia, tachycardia, angina, ventricular extrasystoles, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, supraventricular / ventricular tachycardia, epistaxis, fainting, ocular hemorrhage, gastrointestinal bleeding, orthostatic hemorrhage hypertension, pulmonary hemorrhage, hypotension, cerebral hemorrhage, muscle hemorrhage, subcutaneous hemorrhage.
- Co side of the respiratory tract: cough, rhinitis, pharyngitis, dyspnea, interstitial pneumonia.
- Co side of digestion: diarrhea, impaired bowel movements, nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, gastritis.
- Co side of the hepatobiliary system: hepatitis, jaundice.
- Co side of the skin: rash, itching, eczema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell, urticaria.
- Co side of the kidneys, urinary tract: acute renal failure, hematuria, pollakiuria.
- General: chest pain, myalgia, asthenia, chills, hyperthermia, pain, malaise.
Storage conditions and periods
Within 2 years at 15-25 ° С.