Polapril is used: for the treatment of hypertension (arterial hypertension); for the prevention of cardiovascular complications and mortality in patients with severe atherothrombotic changes; with diabetes mellitus with at least one risk factor for the development of cardiovascular complications; for the treatment of kidney disease (glomerular diabetic nephropathy with at least one risk factor for the development of cardiovascular complications; with heart failure with clinical manifestations; for secondary prevention after acute myocardial infarction: to reduce mortality during the acute phase of myocardial infarction in patients with clinical manifestation of heart failure.
Polapril Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: ramipril.
The drug is produced in the form of capsules (5 mg).
It is a blood pressure lowering (antihypertensive) medicine. Polapril breaks down in the liver to form ramiprilat. It acts by inhibiting the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. Suppresses the effect of the angiotensin-converting enzyme, which catalyzes the conversion of angiotensin-I into the angiotensin-II vasoconstrictor peptide, while preventing its stimulating effect on the adrenal secretion of aldosterone.
Polapril is used:
- for the treatment of hypertension (arterial hypertension);
- for the prevention of cardiovascular complications and mortality in patients with severe atherothrombotic changes;
- with diabetes mellitus with at least one risk factor for the development of cardiovascular complications;
- for the treatment of kidney disease (glomerular diabetic nephropathy with at least one risk factor for the development of cardiovascular complications;
- with heart failure with clinical manifestations;
- for secondary prevention after acute myocardial infarction: to reduce mortality during the acute phase of myocardial infarction in patients with clinical manifestation of heart failure.
Cannot be used:
- with intolerance to the components;
- with intolerance to other ACE inhibitors;
- with a history of angioedema;
- with stenosis of the renal artery (a. renalis) of the only kidney or bilateral stenosis of the renal artery (aa. renalis dextra et sinistra);
- during extracorporeal treatment, which is accompanied by blood contact with negatively charged surfaces;
- with unstable hemodynamics;
- with arterial hypotension;
- during pregnancy / lactation, planning pregnancy.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This medicine is contraindicated in pregnant women, as well as in women planning a pregnancy. Not applicable to nursing mothers.
Method of administration and dosage
Polapril is administered orally.
The standard initial dose is 1.25–2.5 mg, the therapeutic dose is 5–10 mg, and the maximum is 10 mg.
The prescribed dose should be taken once a day, every day at the same time, regardless of food.
Symptoms: vascular failure, renal failure, drop in blood pressure, electrolyte imbalance, anxiety, tachycardia / bradycardia, hyperventilation, palpitations, dizziness, cough.
It is necessary to take measures to remove the drug from the body (artificially induce vomiting or rinse the stomach, apply sorbents, sodium sulfate). In case of an overdose, the administration of saline, angiotensin II, catecholamines is recommended.
Possible hemolytic anemia, hypoglycemia, lymphadenopathy, bone marrow suppression (anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, neutropenia), autoimmune diseases, headache, paresthesia, mood changes, vertigo, taste disorders, sleep disturbance, impaired sense of smell, confusion, depression balance disorder, syncope, disorientation, tinnitus, decreased visual acuity, arterial hypotension, fainting, orthostatic effects, myocardial infarction, stroke, palpitations, Raynaud’s syndrome, tachycardia, AV block II, dry cough, bronchospasm, rhinitis, bronchitis, sinusitis , eosinophilic pneumonia / alveolitis, glossitis, diarrhea, abdominal pain, dry mouth, nausea, pancreatitis, hepatocellular / cholestatic hepatitis, liver failure, rash, itching of the skin, alopecia, psoriasis, angioedema, urticaria, dermatitis, urticaria , pseudolymphoma of the skin, polymorphic erythema, fever, arthralgia / arthritis, vasculitis, myalgia, positive anal from ANA, increased ESR, photosensitization, renal dysfunction, uremia, impotence, acute renal failure, oliguria / anuria, gynecomastia, fatigue, increased levels of urea / creatinine, liver enzymes, bilirubin in the blood, hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, proteinuria.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Polapril 5 mg – 2 years, capsule.
Temperature range – up to 25 ° С.