This drug, Pregadol, is used to treat: peripheral and central neuropathic pain; epilepsy, with partial seizures, characterized by both secondary generalization and without it (as an auxiliary drug); generalized anxiety disorders, fibromyalgia.
Pregadol Composition and release form
Main active ingredient: pregabalin.
Auxiliary components: starch, gelatin, talc, titanium dioxide, etc.
Produced in capsule form, each containing 150 mg of pregabalin.
This drug Pregadol belongs to the group of antiepileptic drugs.
The drug is based on pregabalin, a substance that is analogous to gamma-aminobutyric acid (also known as aminobutyric acid).
Pregabalin has the ability to bind together with one of the additional subunits found in the calcium channels. In turn, calcium channels refer to peripheral sensory neurons, which are part of the nervous system.
As a consequence, pregabalin produces analgesic and anticonvulsant effects.
It has a rapidly developing anxiolytic effect (a persistent effect is observed already within the first week of administration), which distinguishes it from other anticonvulsants.
It is also effective as a therapy for neuropathic and chronic pain, anxiety disorders, fibromyalgia, and spinal cord injuries.
Probably the effect of pregabalin on the opioid centers of the central nervous system, as a result of which it is effective in the treatment of opium withdrawal syndrome.
This drug, Pregadol, is used to treat:
- peripheral and central neuropathic pain;
- epilepsy, with partial seizures, characterized by both secondary generalization and without it (as an auxiliary drug);
- generalized anxiety disorders, fibromyalgia.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
Not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is contraindicated in the treatment of pregnant women.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, then during treatment, lactation should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
The exact dosage is determined by the attending physician, on an individual basis. A certain daily dosage is taken in 2-3 doses, regardless of food intake.
It is recommended to take from 150 to 600 mg per day, with a gradual increase in dose, by 150 mg per week.
Refusal to take the drug is also done gradually, in order to avoid “withdrawal syndrome”.
In case of renal failure, the dosage should be reduced.
Old age or hepatic impairment is not an indicator for dose adjustment.
Most often, with an overdose, symptoms such as:
- drowsiness, agitation, restlessness;
- loss of consciousness, convulsions;
- coma (isolated cases).
It is recommended to carry out hemodialysis to remove excess drug from the body.
Symptomatic treatment is also recommended – gastric lavage, intake of enterosorbents, monitoring of vital signs.
The drug can cause side effects in the form of:
- dizziness, drowsiness, headache;
- increased appetite, increase / decrease in body weight;
- nasopharyngitis, euphoria, confusion, irritability, insomnia;
- ataxia, impaired attention, coordination, erection, vision, memory, and also in the form of paresthesias, hypesthesia, lethargy, vertigo;
- vomiting, constipation, flatulence, dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, heartburn;
- muscle cramps, arthralgia, back pain, limbs;
- edema, fainting, drunkenness, fatigue;
- neutropenia, hypersensitivity;
- anorexia, hypoglycemia;
- agitation, depression, other mental disorders;
- tachycardia, atrioventricular block, sinus bradycardia, congestive heart failure;
- hypotension, hypertension, hot flashes;
- shortness of breath, cough, rhinitis;
- myalgia, urinary incontinence, dysuria, oliguria, renal failure;
- sexual dysfunction;
- ascites, pancreatitis, dysphagia;
- amenorrhea, gynecomastia.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life is up to 2 years.
The storage temperature of Pregadol should not exceed 25 ° C.