Prestarium is applied: with arterial hypertension; with heart failure (to increase survival, delay the progression of the course of the disease, reduce the frequency of hospitalizations); for the prevention of the development of ischemia of recurrent stroke in individuals with cerebrovascular diseases; for the prevention of cardiovascular complications in individuals with a stable form of coronary artery disease (documented).
Prestarium Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: perindopril arginine (10 mg).
Prestarium is available in tablet form.
It is an antihypertensive drug (lowers blood pressure). As an active substance, it contains perindopril, which acts by suppressing the effect of an angiotensin-converting enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of angiotensin-I into angiotensin-II peptide with vasoconstrictor activity. Thus, its stimulating effect on the secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal glands is blocked.
- with arterial hypertension;
- with heart failure (to increase survival, delay the progression of the course of the disease, reduce the frequency of hospitalizations);
- for the prevention of the development of ischemia of recurrent stroke in individuals with cerebrovascular diseases;
- for the prevention of cardiovascular complications in individuals with a stable form of coronary artery disease (documented).
Cannot be used in case of allergy to components.
- with idiopathic, hereditary angineurotic edema;
- with intolerance to other drugs of the ACE inhibitor group;
- with angioedema after taking medications in the past;
- with aortic stenosis;
- with cerebro- / cardiovascular diseases (including insufficiency of cerebral circulation, coronary insufficiency, ischemic heart disease);
- with narrowing of both renal arteries (bilateral stenosis aa. renalis dextra et sinistra) or stenosis of the renal artery (a. renalis) of a single kidney, condition after kidney transplant;
- with severe autoimmune collagenoses (SLE, scleroderma);
- with the inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis due to the intake of immunosuppressants;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- with chronic renal failure (especially with hyperkalemia);
- in conditions accompanied by a decrease in the BCC;
- children, old people.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This medicine is not prescribed for pregnant women, nursing mothers, or women planning a pregnancy.
Method of administration and dosage
Prestarium is administered orally once a day (preferably before breakfast).
Symptoms: shock, vascular insufficiency, agitation, anxiety, drop in blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, hepatic / renal failure, cough, bradycardia, electrolyte imbalance, arrhythmia, hyperventilation,
It is recommended to take measures to remove the drug from the body (gastric lavage, intake of enterosorbents). The patient should be laid horizontally. The medicine is removed by dialysis.
Possible drop in blood pressure, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, diarrhea, headache, muscle cramps, dry cough, angioedema, anemia, leukopenia, change in taste, agranulocytosis, change in voice tone, increased urea levels, liver transaminases, creatinine in plasma, cholestatic jaundice, proteinuria, fainting, palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmia, bronchitis, bronchospasm, skin rash, thrombocytopenia, rhinitis, eosinophilic alveolitis / pneumonia, sinusitis, glossitis, diarrhea, pancreatitis, hepatic dryness in the mouth, abdominal pain , orthostatic reactions, liver failure, alopecia, rash, itchy skin, psoriasis, urticaria, sweating, angioedema, allergic dermatitis, polymorphic erythema, arthralgia / arthritis, fever, vasculitis, myalgia, photosensitization, impotence, fatigue / fatigue, olfactory sensitivities anuria, gynecomastia.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Prestarium under normal conditions for no more than 3 years.