Treatment of essential hypertension.
Prilamid Composition and form of release
Active ingredients: perindopril (4 mg), indapamide (1.25 mg).
Available in pill form.
This is a combination antihypertensive drug (lowers blood pressure). Contains perindopril and indapamide as active substances. The first acts by suppressing the effect of the angiotensin-converting enzyme, which catalyzes the conversion of angiotensin-I into the angiotensin-II peptide, which has vasoconstrictor activity. Thus, its stimulating effect on the secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal glands is blocked. Indapamide is a diuretic that acts at the level of blood vessels and kidneys. Changes the transmembrane ion current, causing a decrease in the contractility of the fibers of the muscles of the blood vessels. This leads to a decrease in OPSS, a decrease in blood pressure.
Prilamid is used for arterial hypertension.
Cannot be applied:
- with allergies to components;
- with severe renal failure;
- with hypokalemia;
- with severe liver failure, hepatic encephalopathy;
- with uncompensated heart failure;
- when undergoing hemodialysis.
- with idiopathic, hereditary angineurotic edema;
- with intolerance to other drugs of the ACE inhibitor group;
- with angioedema after taking medications in the past;
- with aortic stenosis;
- with cerebro- / cardiovascular diseases (including insufficiency of cerebral circulation, coronary insufficiency, ischemic heart disease);
- with narrowing of both renal arteries (bilateral stenosis aa. renalis dextra et sinistra) or stenosis of the renal artery (a. renalis) of a single kidney, condition after kidney transplant;
- with severe autoimmune collagenoses (SLE, scleroderma);
- with the inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis due to the intake of immunosuppressants;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- with chronic renal failure (especially with hyperkalemia);
- in conditions accompanied by a decrease in the BCC;
- children, old people.
Not for use in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This medicine is not prescribed for pregnant women, nursing mothers, or women planning a pregnancy.
Method of administration and dosage
Prilamide is administered orally once a day (preferably before breakfast).
The standard starting dose is 2 / 0.625, the maintenance dose is 4 / 1.25 – 8 / 2.5 mg.
Symptoms: vomiting, shock, convulsions, vascular insufficiency, agitation / drowsiness, drop in blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, hepatic / renal failure, confusion, bradycardia, electrolyte imbalance, arrhythmia, hyperventilation, oligo- / anuria.
It is recommended to take measures to remove the drug from the body (gastric lavage, intake of enterosorbents). The patient should be laid horizontally. The medicine is removed by dialysis.
Possible drop in blood pressure, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, diarrhea, headache, muscle spasms, dry cough, angioedema, anemia, leukopenia, change in taste, agranulocytosis, change in voice tone, increased urea levels, liver transaminases, creatinine in plasma, cholestatic jaundice, proteinuria, fainting, palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmia, bronchitis, bronchospasm, skin rash, thrombocytopenia, rhinitis, eosinophilic alveolitis / pneumonia, sinusitis, glossitis, diarrhea, pancreatitis, hepatic dryness in the mouth, abdominal pain , orthostatic reactions, liver failure, alopecia, rash, itchy skin, psoriasis, urticaria, sweating, angioedema, allergic dermatitis, polymorphic erythema, arthralgia / arthritis, fever, vasculitis, myalgia, photosensitization, impotence, fatigue / fatigue, olfactory sensitivities anuria, gynecomastia, visual disturbances, electrolyte imbalance.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Prilamid at 15–30 ° C for no more than 2 years.