Proxium applies: for the treatment of peptic ulcer; for the treatment of reflux disease and the elimination of its symptoms (heartburn, nausea, belching); for the treatment or prevention of recurrence of reflux esophagitis (damage to the esophagus caused by the reflux of gastric contents); for the prevention of ulcers and erosions of the stomach / intestine caused by long-term use of drugs (NSAIDs) in individuals at risk; as part of therapy aimed at eradication of Helicobacter pylori; for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Proxium Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: pantoprazole.
Proxium is produced in the form of a solution for injection (40 mg / vial).
Proxium causes a decrease in gastric acid production. It acts by specifically influencing the proton pumps of the parietal cells of the stomach, in the acidic environment of which it turns into an active form. The severity of oppression depends on the dose and concerns both basal and stimulated gastric secretion.
- for the treatment of peptic ulcer;
- for the treatment of reflux disease and the elimination of its symptoms (heartburn, nausea, belching);
- for the treatment or prevention of recurrence of reflux esophagitis (damage to the esophagus caused by the reflux of gastric contents);
- for the prevention of ulcers and erosions of the stomach / intestine caused by long-term use of drugs (NSAIDs) in individuals at risk;
- as part of therapy aimed at eradication of Helicobacter pylori;
- for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Proxium is not used in case of intolerance to the ingredients of the drug.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Allowed use in pregnant / nursing mothers only as directed by a doctor.
Method of administration and dosage
The solution is used intravenously (only if oral administration is impossible).
- with reflux disease – 20 mg / day for 2-4 weeks, associated esophagitis – 4-8 weeks;
- for the prevention of ulcers and erosions of the stomach / intestines caused by taking NSAIDs, in individuals at risk – 20 mg / day;
- with reflux esophagitis – 20 mg-40 mg / day;
- for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome – 80 mg / day for 2 doses (possibly a temporary increase to 160 mg), the duration of treatment is not limited.
There is no data on overdose. In studies, when administered at a dose of 240 mg, there were no negative effects. In the event of symptoms of poisoning, general measures are taken to accelerate the removal of the active substance of the drug from the body, supportive therapy is prescribed.
- Blood test changes: pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Immune system disorders: anaphylactic reactions / shock, Quincke’s edema.
- Skin changes: alopecia, urticaria, dermatitis, pruritus, rash, erythema multiforme, photosensitivity, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermonecrolysis, cutaneous lupus erythematosus.
- Metabolic disorders: electrolyte disturbances (hypomagnesemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypocalcemia).
- Disorders of the psyche and nervous system: paresthesias, taste disturbances, drowsiness, headache, dizziness, aggression, confusion, depression, insomnia, anxiety, hallucinations.
- Perceptual disorders: impaired visual acuity, vertigo.
- Breathing disorders: bronchospasm
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, diarrhea / constipation, dry mouth, pain / discomfort in the supra-gastric region, elevated ALT / AST levels, hepatic encephalopathy, hepatitis, jaundice, nausea, liver failure.
- Disorders of genitourinary function: gynecomastia (enlargement of the mammary glands), interstitial nephritis.
- General disorders: fever, malaise, sweating, edema.
Storage conditions and periods
It is allowed to store Proxium for no more than 2 years. Temperature range: no higher than 25 ° С.