Treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases accompanied by violation of bronchial secretion and evacuation of secretions : including acute and chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, pneumonia, bronchiectatic disease, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis, laryngitis, tracheitis.
Active ingredient: ambroxol hydrochloride (30 mg), acetylcysteine (200 mg).
Pulmobriz is produced in the form of a powder for the preparation of an oral solution.
Pulmobriz is an expectorant, phlegm-thinning medicine. It dilutes the viscous secretion of the bronchi, facilitates its discharge by improving mucociliary clearance (movement of mucus produced by ciliated cells). It also improves the performance of external respiration, acting as an expectorant (an agent promoting the excretion of phlegm) and a mucolytic (a thinning agent). Increases the amount of surfactant (a substance that prevents the collapse of the alveoli).
Pulmobriz is prescribed for chronic or acute diseases of the respiratory organs, accompanied by viscosity of sputum, difficult discharge of it:
- with bronchitis;
- with bronchiectasis;
- with laryngitis;
- with tracheitis;
- with pharyngitis;
- with sinusitis;
- with rhinitis (runny nose);
- with pneumonia;
- with bronchial asthma;
- with cystic fibrosis of the lungs;
- with respiratory distress syndrome (shock lung);
- for the treatment / prevention of lung complications after surgery;
- during preparation for bronchoscopy.
Pulmobriz cannot be used:
- with severe impairment of the kidneys / liver;
- with allergies, intolerance to the components of this medication;
- with hemoptysis, pulmonary bleeding;
- It is prescribed with caution in case of peptic ulcer disease or erosions of the stomach / intestines, in the II-III trimesters of pregnancy, when taking antitussive pharmaceuticals.
Children from 12 years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Active ingredients are able to penetrate the protective placental barrier. However, animal studies have not shown a negative impact on the development of the embryo (fetus), pregnancy / childbirth. However, precautions should be taken when taking the medication during pregnancy.
The drug Pulmobriz is not recommended for the treatment of mothers during breastfeeding, although its negative effects are not expected.
Method of administration and dosage
Pulmobriz is prescribed orally (inside).
The contents of 1 sachet must be dissolved in 100-150 ml of boiled water (not boiling water) and taken hot.
The recommended dose for adults and children over 12 years old is 1 sachet x3 times / day.
There are no restrictions on the duration of the use of this pharmaceutical product. However, long-term therapy should only be carried out under medical supervision.
You should not use the medicine for more than 4-5 days without first consulting a doctor.
Symptoms: Stool disorders (constipation or diarrhea), nausea, other dyspeptic symptoms.
Overdose treatment: it is required to immediately (in the first hours after taking the medicine) rinse the stomach or artificially induce vomiting, conduct symptomatic therapy.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, diarrhea (loose stools), nausea, heartburn, constipation, gastralgia (pain in the supra-gastric region).
- Allergic reactions: contact dermatitis, angioedema Quincke (rapidly developing edema of the lips, face, larynx), urticaria, skin rashes, itching, anaphylactic type reactions (including shock).
- Others: weakness, headache.
Storage conditions and periods
It is required to store and transport the drug in its original packaging at temperature conditions within the range of 15-25 ° С. Shelf life of the drug Pulmobriz is 4 years. It is important to restrict children’s access to medicines.