Hypo-and avitaminosis of vitamin B6. Complex treatment of toxicosis of pregnant women, atherosclerosis, anemia (including sideroblastic), leukopenia, diseases of the nervous system (radiculitis, neuritis, neuralgia, parkinsonism, little’s disease), depression of involutional age, seborrheic and non-seborrheic dermatitis, shingles, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, exudative diathesis, withdrawal from binge drinking and hangover syndrome. It is also prescribed for air and sea diseases, Meniere’s disease. Pyridoxine hydrochloride prevents or reduces toxic effects (especially polyneuritis) in the treatment of anti-TB drugs. Treatment of pyridoxine-dependent seizures.
Pyridoxine Composition and form of release
Main active ingredient: pyridoxine hydrochloride.
It is produced in the form of a solution for intravenous injection, in a dosage of 50 mg in 1 ml of solution. Produced in 1 ml ampoules.
The considered pharmaceutical preparation is part of the group of simple vitamin preparations used systemically.
The main active ingredient is vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride in its biological activity). This vitamin plays an important role in metabolic processes, in particular, in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, many amino acids necessary for the body, red blood cells, hemoglobin). It is also a protein coenzyme. Able to stimulate metabolic processes in the body, ensuring the normal functioning of the central nervous system, PNS.
Plays a major role in the delivery of amino acids through cell membranes, promotes the utilization of lipid metabolism in the case of the development of atherosclerotic phenomena, and improves the contractility of the heart muscle.
This drug Pyridoxine is used in the treatment of various diseases.
In particular, during therapy:
- hypo- and avitaminosis of vitamin B6;
- toxicosis in pregnant women, atherosclerosis, anemia, leukopenia, muscle cramps;
- diseases of the nervous system (radiculitis, neuritis, neuralgia, parkinsonism, Little’s disease);
- depressions of involutional age, dermatitis, shingles, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, exudative diathesis;
- when withdrawing from hard drinking and hangover.
- Also effective for motion sickness, Meniere’s disease.
Pyridoxine hydrochloride prevents or reduces toxic effects (especially polyneuritis) during treatment with anti-tuberculosis drugs.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or one of the auxiliary components.
Also, use is contraindicated in:
- stomach ulcer, 12 duodenal ulcer;
- severe liver disease;
- ischemic heart disease.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the use of this drug is contraindicated.
If there is a need to take the drug during lactation, then it should be suspended for the period of treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
The drug is used depending on the form and prescription of the doctor.
Recommended for use when:
- prevention of vitamin B6 deficiency – at a dosage of 20-30 mg of pyridoxine, 1-2 times a day, the duration of therapy is 1-2 months;
- therapy with nicotinic acid derivatives is prescribed a prophylactic dose of 5-10 mg of pyridoxine per day to prevent neuritis;
- treatment of anemia – 50-200 mg per day, preferably in combination with folic acid, riboflavin, cyanocobalamin;
- toxicosis of pregnant women – 50 mg per day, 10-20 injections per course;
- parkinsonism – an injection form is administered, 2 ml per day, treatment lasts 20-25 days. Repetition of the course – after 2-3 months.
A more accurate dosage, regimens and duration of treatment are determined by the attending physician on an individual basis, depending on the nature and course of the disease.
Overdose can cause increased side effects, impaired metabolism of proteins, fats, carbohydrates.
There may be a lack of protein in the muscles, rash, muscle cramps.
In case of an overdose of the oral form, symptomatic treatment should be applied.
The use of this drug can cause side effects, including:
- nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, constipation, diarrhea;
- increased secretion of hydrochloric acid, which can cause inflammation of the walls of the intestines, stomach;
- allergic urticaria, itching, rash;
- tachycardia, angina pectoris;
- paresthesia, numbness of the limbs;
- shortness of breath, gastralgia, heartburn;
- fever, dermatitis, hyperemia, edema.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life is 3 years.
Storage temperature – no higher than 25 ° С.