Active duodenal ulcer; active benign gastric ulcer; erosive or ulcerative gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) long- term treatment of GERD (Gerd maintenance therapy) symptomatic treatment of moderate to very severe GERD (symptomatic treatment of GERD) Zollinger- Ellison syndrome, in combination with appropriate antibacterial regimens for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in patients with gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Rabeprazol сomposition and form of release
Active ingredient: rabeprazole.
Rabeprazol is produced in the form of tablets (20 mg).
It is an agent that reduces the acidity of gastric juice. Its action is associated with the ability to block the proton pumps of the H + / K + -ATPase in the stomach. When active molecules enter the lumen of the canaliculi of parietal cells with an acidic environment, they are oxidized and converted into an active form. In this form, they bind the SH-groups of the H + / K + -ATPase, blocking this enzyme (irreversibly). This causes a disruption in the formation of hydrochloric acid, which is the main component of gastric juice.
Rabeprazol is prescribed:
- with NSAID-associated gastropathy (lesions of the stomach walls caused by treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs);
- with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease);
- with acute pancreatitis (to turn off the secretory activity of the gland);
- with peptic ulcer of the duodenum / stomach (for the purpose of treatment / prevention of relapse);
- with hypersecretory conditions (polyendocrine adenomatosis, systemic mastocytosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, stress ulcers);
- for eradication therapy in patients infected with Helicobacter pylori.
You can not prescribe Rabeprazol if you are allergic to the components of the drug, substituted benzimidazoles.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The USFDA fetal exposure category is C.
The use of Rabeprazol during these periods is possible only as directed by a doctor. The feeding is stopped.
Method of administration and dosage
Rabeprazol is administered orally, without crushing, with water.
To prevent the exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease – 10–20 mg x1 times / day – 2–4 weeks twice a year or continuously.
In case of exacerbation of peptic ulcer, 20 mg x1 times / day is prescribed for 2–4 weeks.
With NSAID gastropathy, exacerbation of GERD – 20 mg x1 times / day – 4-8 weeks.
In case of infection with Helicobacter pylorі – 20 mg x 2 times / day – 7-14 days (depending on the eradication scheme).
In Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, the dosage is selected depending on the level of gastric secretion. Usually start at 60 mg / day, if necessary, 80–120 mg / day in 2–3 divided doses.
The maximum dose is 120 mg per day.
Overdose signs: tachycardia, vomiting, dry mouth, blurred vision, drowsiness, confusion, headache, arrhythmia.
Treatment: discontinuation, maintenance therapy.
- Blood test changes: agranulocytosis, anemia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, leukopenia.
- Immune disorders: anaphylactic reactions, fever, Quincke’s edema, shock.
- Metabolic disorders: hypomagnesemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypocalcemia.
- Mental disorders: aggression, hallucinations, insomnia, confusion, anxiety, depression.
- Neurological disorders: paresthesias, taste disturbances, headache, dizziness, drowsiness.
- Perceptual impairment: vertigo, blurred vision.
- Respiratory disorders: bronchospasm.
- Digestive disorders: diarrhea / constipation, dry mouth, pain in the supragastric region, flatulence, nausea, stomatitis, microscopic colitis, candidiasis, increased ALT / AST levels, hepatitis, hepatic encephalopathy, jaundice, liver dysfunction.
- Skin changes: urticaria, alopecia, rash, dermatitis, pruritus, photosensitivity, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, cutaneous lupus erythematosus, toxic epidermonecrolysis.
- Genitourinary disorders: gynecomastia, interstitial nephritis.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: fracture (wrist, hip, spine), muscle weakness, pain in joints and / or muscles.
- General disorders: sweating, malaise, fever, swelling.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Rabeprazol at 15-25 ° С for no more than 2 years.