Active peptic ulcer of the duodenum; active benign gastric ulcer; erosive or ulcerative gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD); long-term treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (Gerd maintenance therapy); symptomatic treatment of moderate to very severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (symptomatic treatment of GERD ); Zollinger-Ellison syndrome; in combination with appropriate antibacterial therapeutic regimens for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) in patients with peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
Composition and form of release
The active ingredient of the drug Rabidjem is sodium rabeprazole. The composition also includes auxiliary components, in particular, light magnesium oxide, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, diethyl phthalate, and other components. It is marketed as a tablet. The dosage is 20 milligrams.
Pharmacological properties Rabidjem
It belongs to a group of pharmaceuticals that are used to treat peptic ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, being a proton pump inhibitor. Also prescribed for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
It is prescribed for peptic ulcers of the stomach and duodenum (that is, ulcers caused by the action of gastric juice, the main of which is pepsin and hydrochloric acid). It is effective in gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, which is characterized by pathological hypersecretion, that is, the production of gastric juices and hydrochloric acid.
In combination with antibiotics, they are used to treat Helicobacter pylori, bacteria that cause stomach ulcers.
It is effective in the treatment of chronic gastritis, characterized by increased acid-forming function of the stomach in the acute stage.
Used to treat functional dyspepsia.
Do not use for treatment if a person has hypersensitivity to Rabeprazole, as well as to other benzimidazoles. Not prescribed if the patient has hepatic, renal, respiratory failure.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Rabidjem is usually taken in the morning on an empty stomach. The tablet is swallowed whole, without breaking or chewing, it should be washed down with plenty of water.
- peptic ulcer of 12 duodenal ulcer (in the absence of H. pylori Helicobacter) – 20 mg (1 tablet) 1-2 times a day for 2-4 weeks;
- peptic ulcer (in the absence of H. pylori) – 20 mg, 1-2 times a day, for 2-6 weeks;
- GERD – 20 mg, 1-2 times a day for 4-8 weeks;
- maintenance dose for GERD – 10 or 20 mg once a day for up to 1 year;
- treatment of infection of the stomach with Helicobacter pylori bacteria (in combination with antibiotics, according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor) – 20 mg twice a day;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome – initial dose of 60 mg per day, if necessary, the dose can be increased. The decision is made by the attending physician.
- chronic gastritis with increased acid-forming function of the stomach in the acute stage – 10-20 mg per day for 2-3 weeks.
- functional dyspepsia – 10-20 mg per day for 2-3 weeks.
No dose adjustment is required for elderly patients. The same applies to violations of the liver and kidneys.
Overdose cases have not been established. In case of accidental overuse, symptomatic treatment is prescribed.
The drug is usually well tolerated. However, side reactions of the body are possible:
- In general, the body can react with the occurrence of asthenia, allergic reactions in the form of a skin rash, chills, a reaction of sensitivity to light. Less commonly, there is swelling of the face, bloating.
- The cardiovascular system can react with an increase in pressure, myocardial infarction, cardiogram changes, angina pectoris, tachycardia, tombophlebitis, ventricular arrhythmia.
- The gastrointestinal tract is capable of responding with rectal bleeding, melena, anorexia, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, increased appetite, constipation or diarrhea, esophagitis, gastrointestinal bleeding.
- In rare cases, there is inflammation of the biliary tract, bloody diarrhea, thirst, hepatitis, fatty deposits in the liver, enlargement of the salivary glands.
- The endocrine system can react with hyper- and hypothyroidism.
- The respiratory system may react with asthma, nosebleeds, and laryngitis.
- Changes in the qualitative composition of blood are possible. Side effects from the organs of vision may occur – corneal opacity, blurred vision, diplopia, retinal dystrophy.
- On the part of the genitourinary system, reactions in the form of cystitis, increased urination, uterine bleeding, polyuria, hematuria, menorrhagia, orchitis, and urinary incontinence were occasionally observed.
Storage conditions and periods Rabidjem
Store for 4 years at a temperature of 15 to 25 ° C.