It is prescribed for the treatment of symptoms of pain and inflammation, if the patient is diagnosed with: rheumatoid arthritis; ankylosing spondylitis; osteoarthritis, acute gout attack; spondyloarthritis; pain syndrome of various localization, including renal or biliary colic, pain in gynecology, dentistry, with gout, with migraines; extra-articular rheumatism; swelling with pain syndrome; post-traumatic inflammatory processes (including those due to fractures, dislocations, spinal injuries, and other orthopedic injuries).
Rapten 75 Composition and form of release
The main active ingredient of the drug is sodium diclofenac. Auxiliary substances are: propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, sodium metabisulfite, sodium hydroxide, lures, water for injection.
It is produced in the form of an injection solution, poured into 3 ml ampoules (contain 75 mg of sodium diclofenac, 1 ml contains 25 mg of sodium diclofenac).
Rapten 75-based non-steroidal drug. The main active ingredient of this drug has a pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect.
The mechanism of action is due to the ability to inhibit the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. The latter play an important role in the genesis of inflammation, pain and fever.
In the recommended doses, diclofenac does not inhibit the biosynthesis of proteoglycans in cartilage tissue.
Indications Rapten 75
It is prescribed for the treatment of symptoms of pain and inflammation, if the patient is diagnosed with:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- osteoarthritis, acute gout attack;
- pain syndrome of various localization, including renal or biliary colic, pain in gynecology, dentistry, with gout, with migraines;
- extra-articular rheumatism;
- swelling with pain syndrome;
- post-traumatic inflammatory processes (including those due to fractures, dislocations, spinal injuries, and other orthopedic injuries).
Diclofenac sodium has the property of reducing blood coagulation and potentiates, that is, enhances the effect of anticoagulants.
The use of this drug for the above diseases reduces pathological changes in tissues in the area of inflammation, while pain sensations decrease, morning stiffness of the joints and their swelling disappear, and the functional state of the musculoskeletal system increases.
Taking diclofenac sodium reduces the need for opioids in patients experiencing severe pain, in particular postoperative pain.
A stable effect develops after 1-2 weeks after starting the drug intake.
It is contraindicated to take this drug if the patient is allergic to diclofenac, or other ingredients that make up it, as well as in cases where acetylsalicylic acid or other nonsteroidal drugs cause attacks of asthma, urticaria or acute rhinitis.
Do not accept if available:
- a stomach or intestinal ulcer;
- gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation;
- rectal bleeding;
- other active bleeding;
- dysfunction of the heart, liver, kidneys;
- disorders of hematopoiesis of unknown origin;
- peripheral arterial disease.
The injectable form is not used in pediatrics (until the age of 18).
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Not recommended for women who are planning a pregnancy, because these drugs reduce fertility. Use with great caution during pregnancy. In the third trimester, this drug is contraindicated.
You should stop breastfeeding while taking this drug.
Method of administration and dosage
The introduction of the drug Rapten 75 is performed intramuscularly, usually deep into the gluteus muscle, into its outer upper sector, 1 time per day. In exceptional cases – 2 times a day.
Intravenous infusion is acceptable. 1 ampoule of the drug after preparation of the solution is injected within 0.5-2 hours for the treatment of postoperative pain or 25-50 mg in 0.25-1 hour after the operation, then 5 mg per hour continuously, but not more than 150 mg day.
The treatment does not last more than 2 days. If it is necessary to continue treatment with this drug, you can continue it in tablet form.
Not intended for intravenous bolus injection.
Elderly patients and those suffering from mild or moderate liver and / or kidney dysfunction do not need dosage adjustment.
In case of an overdose of diclofenac sodium, the body does not react with any specific symptoms. The most common signs of poisoning are:
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- diarrhea (diarrhea);
- drop in blood pressure.
Acute renal failure, liver dysfunction can be observed with a severe degree of poisoning.
Treatment is symptomatic. Hemodialysis or forced diuresis is ineffective.
Taking this drug can cause side effects in the form of:
- pain in the epigastrium;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps;
- dyspepsia, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- ulcers of the stomach and intestines;
- glossitis, stomatitis, lesions of the esophageal mucosa;
- intestinal adhesions;
- constipation, pancreatitis;
- headaches, drowsiness, anxiety, nightmares, hair loss;
- skin rashes, urticaria, eczema, erythema multiforme;
- edema, renal failure, hematuria, nephrotic syndrome, papillary necrosis;
- hepatitis, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis;
- tachycardia, chest pain, lowering blood pressure.
Storage conditions and periods
Shelf life – 3 years, storage temperature – no higher than 25 ° С.