The drug when administered is intended for treatment: inflammatory and degenerative forms of rheumatism , rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, spondylarthritis, vertebral pain syndrome, non- articular rheumatism; acute gout renal and biliary colic; pain and swelling after injuries and operations; severe migraine attacks. The drug when administered as intravenous infusions is intended for the treatment or prevention of postoperative pain.
Rapten Rapid Composition and form of release
The main active ingredient of the drug is diclofenac potassium. Auxiliary substances are: colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, colloidal calcium hydrogen phosphate, corn starch, magnesium stearate, povidone, sucrose, talc, etc.
It is produced in the form of tablets, in a dosage of 50 mg of diclofenac potassium in 1 tablet.
Rapten Rapid-based non-steroidal drug. The main active ingredient of this drug has pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties.
The mechanism of action is due to the ability to inhibit the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. The latter play an important role in the genesis of inflammation, pain and fever.
In the recommended dosages, diclofenac potassium does not inhibit the biosynthesis of proteoglycans in the cartilage tissue of the joints.
Indications Rapten Rapid
Effectively relieves swelling and pain at the site of injury. It is prescribed for the treatment of symptoms of pain, temperature reduction, in particular, with:
- headache and toothache;
- periodic pain during menstruation;
- pain in muscles, joints and various parts of the spine;
- flu and cold symptoms, including pain in similar conditions;
- post-traumatic pain, inflammation and edema (with sprains, fractures, other injuries);
- postoperative pain;
- rheumatic diseases of extra-articular tissues;
- pain syndromes with localization in the spine;
- pain in gynecology, incl. with adnexitis, dysmenorrhea;
- as an aid in ENT diseases, which are accompanied by pain and inflammatory processes.
A (isolated) rise in temperature alone is not a reason for taking this drug.
Taking diclofenac potassium has a quick effect, therefore it is recommended for quick relief of acute pain and lowering the temperature (up to half an hour from the moment of taking).
Inhibition of the biosynthesis of prostaglandins underlies the mechanism of action of such drugs. Prostaglandins play a significant role in the treatment of inflammation, pain and fever.
This drug Rapten Rapid is contraindicated if the patient is allergic to diclofenac potassium, or other ingredients of this drug, or if other non-steroidal drugs (such as ibuprofen) are causing asthma, urticaria, or acute rhinitis.
Also, this medication should not be taken if the patient has:
- stomach ulcer and / or duodenal ulcer;
- renal failure;
- gastrointestinal, other bleeding;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- the patient is taking anticoagulant treatment;
- ischemia with angina pectoris;
- peripheral arterial disease;
- cerebral disorders after strokes.
Reception is not recommended for established cardiovascular diseases or arterial hypertension.
Not used in pediatrics (up to 14 years old).
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Use with great caution during pregnancy. In the third trimester, this drug is contraindicated.
You should stop breastfeeding while taking this drug.
Method of administration and dosage
Taking Rapten Rapid begins with taking 100-150 mg per day. In the case of moderate symptoms, 75-100 mg per day is usually sufficient, which is taken in 2-3 doses.
The daily dose for adolescents from the age of 14, including with primary dysmenorrhea, is permissible in a daily dosage of 50-100 mg, which during subsequent menstrual cycles can be increased to 150 mg per day.
Taking this drug begins when the first symptoms appear and continues for several days, taking into account the dynamics of symptoms.
For migraine attacks, reception begins with a single dosage of 50 mg. The next similar dose is 50 mg, and can be taken at least 2 hours after the first dose. The next appointment is carried out at least 4-6 hours later.
However, it should be remembered that the maximum daily dosage of diclofenac potassium is 150 milligrams.
Elderly patients and those suffering from mild or moderate liver and / or kidney dysfunction do not need dosage adjustment.
An overdose of diclofenac potassium has not been described. In acute poisoning with other non-steroidal drugs, symptomatic therapy is carried out, aimed at treating a possible increase or decrease in pressure, respiratory depression, the occurrence of seizures, complications from the gastrointestinal tract (nausea, epigastric pain, bleeding).
Hemodialysis or forced diuresis is ineffective. Gastric lavage and intake of enterosorbents are recommended.
Taking this drug can cause side effects in the form of:
- pain in the epigastrium;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps;
- dyspepsia, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- ulcers of the stomach and intestines;
- glossitis, stomatitis, lesions of the esophageal mucosa;
- intestinal adhesions, vertigo;
- constipation, pancreatitis, increased transaminase levels;
- headaches, drowsiness, anxiety, nightmares, hair loss;
- skin rashes, urticaria, eczema, erythema multiforme;
- edema, renal failure, hematuria, nephrotic syndrome, papillary necrosis;
- hepatitis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis;
- tachycardia, chest pain, lowering blood pressure.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug is up to 3 years, the storage temperature is not higher than 25 ° C.