Recita Tablet is used in the treatment of depression , obsessive-compulsive disorder , phobia and post traumatic stress disorder .
Active ingredient: escitalopram (10 mg).
Recita-10 is produced in the form of tablets.
It is an antidepressant. It is a selective (selective) inhibitor of 5-HT serotonin reuptake.
Recita-10 is used:
- to treat a major depressive episode;
- for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder;
- for the treatment of social phobia;
- for the treatment of panic disorder with / without agoraphobia;
- for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Recita-10 is not used:
- with intolerance to the components;
- with simultaneous treatment with pimozide, non-selective, irreversible MAOIs;
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Clinical data on use in pregnant women are limited. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant women, unless the need for its appointment has been proven (after considering all the risks and benefits). It is recommended to examine newborns whose mothers received the drug, especially in the third trimester (respiratory distress, hyperreflexia, apnea, cyanosis, seizures, temperature instability, difficulties in feeding, hypoglycemia, hypertension / hypotension, tremor, neurological symptoms, drowsiness may occur). The risk of developing persistent pulmonary hypertension in the newborn increases.
Escitalopram is able to pass into milk, therefore breastfeeding is not recommended.
Method of administration and dosage
Recita-10 is used orally, regardless of food.
The required dose is taken once a day.
In case of a major depressive episode, 10 mg / day is prescribed; if necessary, the dose can be increased to the maximum (20 mg). The effect occurs in 2-4 weeks. Treatment should be continued for at least 6 months after the clinical effect is obtained.
For panic disorder (with or without agoraphobia), 5 mg / day is prescribed with a further increase to 10 mg / day. In the future, you can increase the dose to the maximum (20 mg). The maximum effect is achieved after three months. The duration of therapy depends on the severity of the disease and is usually several months.
For social anxiety disorders, 10 mg / day is prescribed at the beginning of therapy. Further, it is recommended to increase the dose to the maximum (20 mg).
The effect usually occurs within 2-4 weeks. Treatment should be continued for at least 3 months after the clinical effect is obtained.
For generalized anxiety disorders, 10 mg / day is prescribed at the beginning of therapy. Further, it is recommended to increase the dose to the maximum (20 mg). It is recommended to continue treatment for 3 months to strengthen the effect.
For obsessive-compulsive disorder, 10 mg / day is prescribed; in the future, you can increase the dose to the maximum (20 mg). Treatment should be continued until symptoms disappear completely (usually several months).
Symptoms: agitation, dizziness, tremor, serotonin syndrome, nausea, tachycardia, vomiting, convulsions, coma, arterial hypotension, prolongation of the Q-T interval, arrhythmia, electrolyte imbalance (hyponatremia, hypokalemia).
Treatment: gastric lavage, prescription of sorbents, support of the respiratory system, adequate oxygenation, monitoring of vital functions, symptomatic treatment.
- Laboratory abnormalities: thrombocytopenia, hyponatremia.
- Immune disorders: allergic reactions (urticaria, angioedema, burning, tingling at the injection site, hot flashes, chills, headache, hypotension, nausea, lethargy, anxiety, chest tightness, tachycardia, ringing in the ears, vomiting, paresthesias, breathing with wheezing, anaphylaxis).
- Endocrine disorders: violation of the secretion of antidiuretic hormone, decrease / increase in body weight.
- Digestive disorders: decreased / increased appetite, anorexia, constipation / diarrhea, dry mouth, vomiting, stomach bleeding, rectal bleeding, hepatitis.
- Psychiatric Disorders: Anxiety, abnormal dreams, anxiety, decreased libido, anorgasmia, teeth grinding, nervousness, agitation, panic attacks, aggression, depersonalization, confusion, mania, suicidal behavior / thoughts, hallucinations.
- Neurological disorders: insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, paresthesia, taste disturbance, loss of consciousness, tremor, sleep disturbance, dyskinesia, serotonin syndrome, convulsions, movement disorders, psychomotor anxiety, akathisia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: blurred vision, dilated pupil.
- Otolaryngological disorders: ringing in the ears.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia / bradycardia, orthostatic hypotension, prolongation of the QT interval.
- Respiratory disorders: nosebleeds, sinusitis, yawning.
- Dermatological disorders: increased sweating, rashes, swelling, bruising, baldness, itching, urticaria.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myalgia, arthralgia.
- Urinary disorders: urinary retention, impotence, ejaculation disorders, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, galactorrhea, priapism.
- General: pyrexia, fatigue.
Storage conditions and periods
Store for no more than two years at temperatures up to +25 ° C.