Indications for the use of the drug Rectodel is a complex intensive therapy of true croup (diphtheria), false croup (acute form of stenosing laryngotracheitis) and spastic bronchitis.
Rectodelt Release form, composition
The drug Rectodelt is produced in the form of torpedo-shaped suppositories with a smooth surface.
The main component is prednisone 100 mg (in one suppository).
Excipients: solid fat, aluminum hydroxide, dye.
Rectodelt is a systemic glucocorticosteroid that has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, and also has an antiproliferative, antiexudative, immunosuppressive effect.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of the drug Rectodelt is a complex intensive therapy of true croup (diphtheria), false croup (acute form of stenosing laryngotracheitis) and spastic bronchitis.
The drug is not used for hypersensitivity and long-term treatment. With short-term therapy, Rectodelt has no contraindications for the relief of life-threatening, urgent and acute conditions.
Contraindications for prednisone:
- Infectious and parasitic diseases of bacterial, fungal or viral origin (herpes simplex, chickenpox, herpes zoster in the viremic phase, measles, strongyloidosis, amebiasis, systemic mycosis, latent or active tuberculosis);
- The period after the introduction of vaccines (before vaccination 8-10 weeks and after vaccination 2 weeks), lymphadenitis after BCG vaccination;
- Immunodeficiency conditions that were caused by HIV infection;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system: decompensated chronic heart failure, recent myocardial infarction, a tendency to thromboembolic disease, arterial hypertension;
- Diseases of the endocrine system: impaired carbohydrate tolerance, diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, thyrotoxicosis, Itsenko-Cushing’s disease;
- Severe chronic renal or hepatic failure, nephrourolithiasis.
Also possible: hypoalbuminemia; Miasthenia gravis; systemic osteoporosis; acute psychosis; polio; obesity; open-angle glaucoma.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding period
The drug is used with caution, I compare the benefits and risks to the child.
Breastfeeding is stopped.
Mode of application
Rectodelt is intended for rectal administration. Children from 6 months of age are given 100 mg of prednisone (1 suppository) per day. Usually the drug is used once, but if necessary, it is possible to repeat the therapy one more time. The duration of therapy depends on the course of the disease, but not more than 2 days.
Symptoms of drug intoxication: peripheral edema, increased blood pressure, increased side effects.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to induce vomiting, flush the stomach and apply symptomatic therapy.
- The use of the drug Neotigazone can cause a number of side reactions from:
- Endocrine system: Itsenko-Cushing’s syndrome of varying degrees (moon face, obesity, diabetic metabolic syndrome, hyperglycemia, depletion of the adrenal cortex, growth retardation, impaired release of the sex hormone, hirsutism, hemogram change).
- Cardiovascular system: arterial hypertension and increased vascular permeability.
- Metabolism: hypokalemia, sodium and fluid retention in the body, negative nitrogen balance.
- Musculoskeletal system: aseptic bone necrosis, osteoporosis, muscle atrophy.
- Blood systems: increased blood clotting.
- Eye: steroid cataract and latent glaucoma manifestation.
- Skin: stretch marks, skin atrophy, acne, telangiectasia, skin atrophy.
- Gastrointestinal tract: intestinal and gastric ulcers, pancreatitis. Central nervous system: mental disorders.
This drug should be stored in a dry and dark place, the temperature should not be higher than + 25 ° C, it is forbidden to freeze. Must be stored in packaging.
The shelf life of this drug is 3 years. Prescription.