Large Treatment of hypercholesterolemia. Primary hypercholesterolemia (type IIA, including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia) or mixed dyslipidemia (type IIB) ‒ as an adjunct to diet, when the effectiveness of diet or other non-medicinal means (for example, exercise, weight loss) is insufficient. Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia ‒ as an addition to diet and other low-density lipoprotein treatment (for example, low-density lipoprotein apheresis), or in cases where such treatments are not appropriate. Prevention of cardiovascular disorders Redistatin is indicated for reducing the risk of serious cardiovascular events in adult patients with an increased risk of developing atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases, as evidenced by the presence of risk factors such as old age, hypertension, low HDL-C, elevated levels of C-reactive protein, Smoking, or a family history of early development of coronary heart disease. Treatment of atherosclerosis The drug is prescribed for the purpose of slowing or stopping the progression of the disease in patients who are shown lapidoznizhuvalna therapy. Children and adolescents (10 to 17 years of age: boys ‒ stage II and higher on the Tanner scale, girls ‒ at least a year after the first menstruation). Treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia (type IIA) or mixed dyslipidemia (type IIB) due to heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia as an adjunct to diet when the effectiveness of diet or other
Composition and form of release Redistatin
Active ingredient: rosuvastatin.
Redistatin is produced in the form of tablets (20 mg).
This is a remedy that corrects fat metabolism. The active ingredient selectively and competitively inhibits the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme, which catalyzes the conversion of HMG-CoA into a cholesterol precursor in the liver. Promotes an increase in the number of LDL receptors on the surface of liver cells, increasing catabolism and seizure. It also slows down the production of VLDL, thereby reducing the total content of “harmful fats” in the blood.
Redistatin is prescribed:
- with homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia – as an addition to diet, other lipid-lowering pharmaceuticals;
- for the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia (type IIa, including heterozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia);
- for the treatment of mixed dyslipidemia (type IIb) – as an addition to the diet when non-pharmacological methods are ineffective;
- for the prevention of cardiovascular complications;
- to reduce the risk of developing severe cardiovascular complications in adults at high risk of developing them.
You can not prescribe Redistatin:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with hepatobiliary diseases in the active phase;
- with chronic kidney disease at stages 4-5 (creatinine excretion rate <30 ml / minute);
- during pregnancy / lactation, planning pregnancy;
- with pathology of muscle tissue;
- while taking cyclosporine;
- with a predisposition to myopathy, rhabdomyolysis.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Redistatin is taken orally whole, without chewing, with water, regardless of the meal.
The standard starting dose for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia is 5 mg or 10 mg once a day. If necessary, it is allowed to increase the dose after 4 weeks. Due to the high likelihood of side effects, increasing the dose to 40 mg should be considered only in patients with severe hypercholesterolemia, a high risk of cardiovascular complications (for example, hereditary hypercholesterolemia), when it was not possible to achieve the target values when using lower doses.
For the prevention of cardiovascular complications, 20 mg per day is indicated.
Symptomatic therapy, control of hepatic parameters, CPK level is recommended.
- Blood test changes: thrombocytopenia.
- Immune disorders: allergies, including angioedema.
- Endocrine disorders: diabetes mellitus.
- Mental disorders: depression.
- Neurological disorders: headache, polyneuropathy, insomnia, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, amnesia, nightmares.
- Respiratory disorders: shortness of breath, cough.
- Digestive Disorders: Pancreatitis, abdominal pain, nausea, constipation / diarrhea.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: jaundice, hepatitis, increased activity of liver transaminases.
- Dermatological disorders: rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria, pruritus.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myalgia, rhabdomyolysis, myopathy, myositis, arthralgia, tendon rupture, immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy.
- Urinary disorders: hematuria.
- Sexual disorders: gynecomastia.
- General disorders: edema, asthenic syndrome.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Redistatin at room temperature (15-25 ° C) for no more than 2 years.