For short-term use for constipation.
1 cube contains 0.71 g of hay leaves (sennae folium) and 0.3 g of hay fruits (sennae fructus) (corresponds to 30 mg of hydroxyanthracene derivatives, in terms of senoside B);
Excipients: anhydrous citric acid, mineral oil, glycerol monostearate, lemon flavor (contains ethanol 96%), invert sugar syrup, sorbitol (E 420), sorbic acid, solid fat, propylene glycol, plum mousse, fig paste.
Regulax contains a mixture of hay fruits and hay leaves. Hay belongs to a group of stimulant light laxatives that contain anthranoids. Laxatives have derivatives of 1,8-dihydroxyanthracene. This effect of senosides, or more precisely their active metabolite of reinantron in the colon, is mainly related to the effect on the motility of the colon: inhibition of stationary and stimulation of propulsive contractions. As a result, accelerated passage of the intestinal tract is achieved and, as a result, the time of contact of the chyme with the intestinal wall is reduced, fluid resorption is reduced. In addition, due to the stimulation of active chloride secretion, water and electrolytes are released.
For short-term use in constipation.
Hypersensitivity to the active substances or to other components of the drug; intestinal obstruction (ileus); intestinal stenosis and atony; gastrointestinal bleeding; acute inflammatory bowel disease (eg Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, appendicitis); abdominal pain of unknown origin; nausea, vomiting; severe dehydration of the body, accompanied by loss of water and electrolytes; metrorrhagia, hemorrhoids, peritonitis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, cracks in the rectum, spastic colitis, hernia, pancreatitis, hepatitis, nephritis, cystitis, diverticulitis, organic liver damage.
Method of application and dosage
Adults and children over 12 years of age are recommended to take 1 cube once a day.
The cube should be chewed thoroughly, drinking plenty of fluids, preferably a glass of water.
Regulax, fruit cubes, it is best to take in the evening before bedtime. Laxative effect is achieved in about 8 hours.
The lowest effective dose should be taken to get a soft stool.
The maximum daily dose is 1 cube.
Regulax, fruit cubes, is intended for short-term use.
Laxatives that stimulate the intestines should not be taken without a doctor’s recommendation for more than 1-2 weeks.
Contraindicated for children under 12 years.
Symptoms. Clinical manifestations of laxative overdose are, first of all, diarrhea, which may be accompanied in some cases by severe intestinal irritation and significant loss of water and electrolytes; vascular collapse and metabolic acidosis. Electrolyte levels, particularly potassium, should be monitored. This is important for elderly patients. Constant intake of large doses can lead to toxic hepatitis. In case of overdose, colic-like abdominal pain, dyspepsia may be required, which requires discontinuation of the drug. The use of large doses can cause atrophy of the smooth muscles of the colon and disruption of its innervation.
Treatment is symptomatic, rehydration therapy should be performed (compensation for water and electrolyte loss).
- Immune system: Allergic reactions, including itching, hives, local or generalized exanthema, may occur.
- Metabolism and metabolism: Prolonged use / abuse of laxatives can lead to electrolyte loss, mainly potassium loss.
- From the cardiovascular system: potassium loss can lead to cardiac dysfunction, especially when used concomitantly with cardiac glycosides, diuretics and hormones of the adrenal cortex.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: in isolated cases there may be complaints of spastic abdominal pain, diarrhea – in these cases it is necessary to reduce the dose. There may be indigestion, flatulence, diarrhea, anorexia. With long-term use / abuse of laxatives, there may be deposition of pigments in the intestinal mucosa (pseudomelanosis), which are safe and usually disappear after discontinuation of the drug.
- From the skeletal muscles, connective tissue and bone system: potassium loss can lead to muscle weakness, especially when taking cardiac glycosides, diuretics and hormones of the adrenal cortex (corticosteroids), fatigue, seizures.
- From the kidneys and urinary tract: with prolonged use / abuse of laxatives in the urine may be protein and blood (proteinuria and hematuria), hyperaldosteronism, hypocalcemia. Depending on the pH, the metabolites may turn yellow or reddish-brown in color, which has no clinical significance.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Do not freeze.