Early treatment of diseases caused by influenza a viruses in adults and children over 10 years of age. Prevention of type a flu during an epidemic in adults and children over 10 years of age.
Active ingredients: rimantadine (50 mg).
Remantadine is produced in the form of tablets.
It is an antiviral agent. Derived from amantadine. Effective against type A influenza viruses. It also has an antitoxic effect in type B influenza. It inhibits virus replication at an early stage of the cycle by disrupting the formation of the viral envelope. Inhibits replication of all identified antigenic subtypes of the influenza virus (H1N1, H2N2, H3N3). Does not affect the immunogenic properties of inactivated influenza A vaccines. It is also effective against arboviruses (tick-borne encephalitis pathogens).
- for the prevention and treatment of influenza;
- for the prevention of viral tick-borne encephalitis in adults.
The drug Remantadin-КR is not used:
- with hypersensitivity to rimantadine, other components;
- with acute liver diseases;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- with acute and chronic kidney disease;
- with thyrotoxicosis;
- during pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- children under the age of 7.
Used with caution:
- with arterial hypertension;
- with atherosclerosis of the vessels of the brain;
- with epilepsy;
- with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug Remantadin-КR during pregnancy and breastfeeding is contraindicated.
Method of administration and dosage
Remantadin-КR is administered orally (after meals).
Treatment should be started within 24 to 48 hours after the onset of symptoms.
The standard adult dose for the treatment of influenza is 100 mg 3 times a day on the 1st day; 100 mg 2 times a day on days 2–3, 100 mg 1 time a day on days 4–5.
The standard dose for adults for the prevention of influenza is 50 mg once a day, the course is up to 30 days. Children over 7 years old – 50 mg once a day, the course – up to 15 days.
Symptoms: increased urination, increased lacrimation, fever, agitation, chills, constipation, dysphagia, increased sweating, stomatitis, eye pain, hypesthesia.
Treatment in case of overdose: gastric lavage, intake of enterosorbents, symptomatic therapy, if necessary, hemodialysis.
- Cardiovascular disorders: palpitations, arterial hypertension, cerebrovascular disorders, edema, heart failure, cardiac conduction disorders, tachycardia, increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke, fainting.
- Neurological disorders: headache, tremors, dizziness, ataxia (discoordination of movements), seizures, hyperkinesis (spontaneous movements), insomnia, drowsiness, excessive fatigue, impaired concentration, increased excitability, confusion, nervousness, depression, anxiety, hallucinations, euphoria …
- Otolaryngological disorders: parosmia, change or loss of taste, tinnitus.
- Respiratory disorders: shortness of breath, cough, bronchospasm.
- Dermatological disorders: skin rash, pallor of the skin, itching, urticaria.
- Digestive disorders: dyspepsia, dry mouth, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, anorexia.
- Others: exacerbation of chronic diseases, galactorrhea.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Remantadin-КR at temperatures up to +25 ° С for no more than 5 years.
It is forbidden to use the medicine after the expiration date. It is recommended to store the drug in its original packaging.