Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain syndrome in spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs: – renal colic and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, occurring with pain and dysuric disorders; – – stomach and intestinal spasms, hepatic colic, biliary dyskinesia; – spastic dysmenorrhea.
Active ingredients: sodium metamizole (500 mg / ml), pitofenone hydrochloride (2 mg / ml), fenpeverine bromide (0.02 mg / ml).
Renalgan is produced in the form of a solution for injection.
It is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic agent. Metamizole inhibits the activity of COX, reducing the formation of bradykinins, endoperoxides, free radicals, and some prostaglandins. Also inhibits the process of lipid peroxidation. Blocks the conduction of painful extra- / proprioceptive nerve impulses along the Burdakh / Gaulle beams, increases the excitability threshold of pain sensitivity centers in the thalamus, and increases heat transfer. Pitofenone has a direct myotropic antispasmodic effect. Fenpiverin has an m-anticholinergic effect, has an additional antispasmodic effect.
Renalgan is used for symptomatic therapy of smooth muscle spasms, pain syndrome of various origins (with renal colic, spasms of the urinary tract, stomach and intestines, spastic dysmenorrhea, biliary dyskinesia, biliary colic, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, migraine-like headache).
It is also used in the period before and after diagnostic tests (in order to eliminate spasm of the examined organs).
If necessary, it can be prescribed to reduce body temperature in case of colds, infectious and inflammatory diseases.
Renalgan is not used:
- with intolerance to the components present in the composition of this medication;
- with a significant violation of the functional state of the liver and / or kidneys;
- with agranulocytosis;
- with leukopenia;
- with anemia of any origin;
- with cytostatic or infectious neutropenia;
- with rhinitis, conjunctivitis, bronchospasm in the past, resulting from the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- with bronchial asthma;
- with hepatoporphyria;
- with suspicion of acute surgical pathology;
- with intolerance to pyrazolone derivatives (butadion, tribuzon, antipyrine);
- with hereditary hemolytic anemia;
- with glaucoma;
- with tachycardia;
- with kidney diseases (pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis);
- with collaptoid conditions;
- with prostate hypertrophy;
- with stenosis of the alimentary canal;
- with megacolon;
- children under 15 years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Do not use.
Method of administration and dosage
Renalgan is used parenterally.
The duration of treatment is usually 1-3 days.
The solution is administered intravenously / intramuscularly.
In case of acute pain, 2–5 ml are administered by slow intravenous injection. Re-introduction is possible in 6-8 hours. The maximum is 10 ml / day.
It is recommended to heat the ampoule to body temperature before injection.
Symptoms: vomiting, sweating, a feeling of dry mouth, impaired accommodation, drowsiness, arterial hypotension, clouding of consciousness, hepatic / renal failure, convulsions.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy is carried out in the required amount.
- With intramuscular administration, pain at the injection site is possible, with intravenous administration, a decrease in blood pressure. Hyperthermic syndrome, hypertensive crisis were rarely observed.
- Disorders from the digestive system: nausea, constipation, pain / burning in the abdomen.
- Disorders from the immune system: an allergic reaction of varying severity (urticaria, Quincke’s edema, conjunctivitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, bronchospastic syndrome, Lyell’s syndrome, anaphylactic shock).
- Blood disorders: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis.
- Disorders of the urinary system: nephrotoxicity, proteinuria, oliguria, anuria, interstitial nephritis, red urine staining.
- Disorders from the cardiovascular system: AV block, ventricular extrasystole, decreased cardiac output.
- Disorders from the nervous system: drowsiness, sweating, breathing disorders.
Storage conditions and periods
Renalgan must be stored in its original packaging for no more than 2 years. Temperature range: no higher than 25 ° С.