Treatment of arterial hypertension. Treatment of clinically expressed heart failure. Prevention of clinically expressed heart failure in patients with asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction (ejection fraction ≤ 35 %).
Composition and form of release Renitek
Release in the form of tablets (20 mg).
Active ingredient: enalapril maleate.
Renitek is a medicine that lowers blood pressure. Affects the renin-angiotensin system.
Renitek is appointed:
- with essential (primary) hypertension (arterial hypertension) at any stage;
- with heart failure (CH) of all degrees: to delay the progression of CH, improve survival rates, reduce hospital admissions for CH, to prevent the development of clinically significant CH;
- with renovascular hypertension;
- to prevent the development of coronary circulation disorders due to ischemia, to reduce the frequency of myocardial infarction, to reduce the frequency of hospitalizations with unstable angina pectoris.
Renitek is not prescribed:
- in case of allergy to enalapril (active substance), its metabolites (enalaprilat), intolerance of auxiliary components;
- with porphyria;
- with the development of angioedema (Quincke) in the past;
- nursing mothers, pregnant women.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is not recommended to use Renitek during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
The medicine is intended for oral administration (by mouth).
- hypertension treatment: starting dose – 5 mg / day once (in the morning); if necessary, the dose of the drug is increased (gradually) to 10–20 mg, in some cases – 40 mg / day in 1–2 doses; in combination with a diuretic, the dose is reduced to 2.5 mg;
- treatment of congestive CH: starting dose of 2.5 mg / day, divided into 1–2 doses; if necessary, the dose is gradually increased, reaching the desired therapeutic effect; standard maintenance dose – 5–20 mg / day, maximum – 40 mg / day, divided into 1–2 doses;
- treatment of patients with chronic renal failure: the dose is selected depending on the functional state of the kidneys – with creatinine Cl.
Children are prescribed 2.5 mg / day.
Overdose is usually manifested by a drop in blood pressure.
Overdose treatment: transfer of the patient to a horizontal position with a lowered head; gastric lavage with a probe; the use of sorbents; reimbursement of the bcc with a solution of 0.9% sodium chloride; according to indications – determination of levels of potassium, creatinine, urea in the blood, administration of angiotensin II, control or correction of the functions of vital organs, electrolyte disturbances.
Enalapril / enalaprilat are excreted by hemodialysis.
Treatment with Renitek can be accompanied by the following undesirable effects: headache, dry cough, drop in blood pressure, increased fatigue, anorexia, stomatitis, diarrhea, confusion, orthostatic reactions, nausea, dizziness, muscle spasms, angioedema, changes in blood test (thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis , hypercreatininemia, anemia, leukopenia, increased levels of transaminases), impaired taste sensations, skin rash, changes in the timbre of the voice, changes in urine analysis (proteinuria, hyperuricemia), cholestatic jaundice, depression, drowsiness / insomnia, increased nervousness, paresthesias, anxiety, pulmonary infiltration , shortness of breath, rhinorrhea, bronchospasm / bronchial asthma, hoarseness, sore throat.
Storage conditions and periods
Temperature storage conditions: no higher than 25 ° С. Ensure that medicines are not available to children.
The shelf life of Renitek tablets is 2.5 years.