Treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases accompanied by violation of bronchial secretion and evacuation of secretions ( including acute and chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, pneumonia, bronchiectatic disease, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis, laryngitis, tracheitis). Use in preparation for bronchoscopy and after the study.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredients: acetylcysteine (200 mg), ambroxol hydrochloride (30 mg).
Respix is available in the form of tablets.
It is a mucolytic (thinning phlegm) agent. It helps to reduce the viscosity of mucus, has a direct antioxidant effect.
Respix is prescribed as a mucolytic agent for acute / chronic diseases of the bronchopulmonary system, which are accompanied by increased sputum production:
- bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchi);
- bronchiectasis – chronic changes (expansion) of the bronchi;
- chronic obstructive bronchitis;
- bronchial asthma;
- bronchiolitis – inflammation of the small bronchi;
- cystic fibrosis (cystic fibrosis);
- tracheitis – inflammation of the trachea;
- laryngitis – inflammation of the larynx;
- sinusitis – inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis, sphenoiditis, frontal sinusitis, ethmoiditis, pansinusitis);
- exudative otitis media.
You cannot assign Respix:
- with increased sensitivity to the active ingredient (acetylcysteine);
- with intolerance to the auxiliary components of the drug;
- with peptic ulcer of the stomach / duodenum;
- with the appearance of hemoptysis;
- with pulmonary hemorrhage.
- Respix is used with caution:
- with bronchial asthma;
- with diseases of the digestive system.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Respix may be used only during these periods only on the recommendation of a doctor. With the use of variables, adverse effects on the mother or fetus, as well as the course of pregnancy, have been demonstrated. When prescribing to a pregnant woman, the doctor must consider the potential risk to the fetus.
Method of administration and dosage
The standard dose of Respix for adults is 1 tablet 3 times / day; for children from 12 years old – the dose is the same as for adults.
The treatment period is determined by the doctor depending on the clinical situation.
The tablets are recommended to be taken after meals.
It is forbidden to mix the ready-made solution with other medicines.
To enhance the mucolytic action, an abundant intake of fluid is recommended.
Overdose symptoms: gastrointestinal disturbances (nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain).
Overdose treatment: temporary cessation of medication, symptomatic therapy.
There is no specific antidote.
- Immune disorders: allergic manifestations, including anaphylactoid reactions, anaphylactic shock, angioedema.
- Neurological disorders: cephalalgia (headache).
- Perceptual disorders: ringing in the ears.
- Cardiac disorders: drop in blood pressure, rapid heartbeat (tachycardia).
- Vascular disorders: hemorrhages.
- Respiratory disorders: bronchospasm, shortness of breath.
- Digestive disorders: dyspepsia, nausea, stomatitis, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Changes in the skin, its appendages: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell’s syndrome, rash, edema, urticaria, itching.
- General disorders: edema of the face, hyperthermia.
- Research results: anemia, decreased platelet aggregation.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Respix for no more than 3 years at 15-25 ° C. Parents have a responsibility to ensure the safety of children by limiting their access to medicine.