Treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases accompanied by violation of bronchial secretion and evacuation of secretions ( including acute and chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, pneumonia, bronchiectatic disease, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis, laryngitis, tracheitis). Use in preparation for bronchoscopy and after the study.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredients: ambroxol hydrochloride (60 mg), loratadine (5 mg).
Respix L is produced in the form of tablets.
It is a combined remedy. It has an expectorant, sputum-thinning effect. It dilutes the viscous secretion of the bronchi, facilitates its discharge by improving mucociliary clearance (movement of mucus produced by ciliated cells). It also improves external respiration, acting as an expectorant (a sputum excretion agent) and a mucolytic (a thinning agent). Increases the amount of surfactant (a substance that prevents the collapse of the alveoli). Selectively blocks H1 receptors, reducing or preventing the development of an allergic reaction.
Respix L is prescribed for chronic or acute diseases of the respiratory organs with an allergic component, accompanied by viscosity of sputum, difficulty in its discharge.
Respix L should not be used:
- with severe impairment of the kidneys / liver;
- children under twelve years old;
- with allergies, intolerance to the components of this medication.
Respix L is used with caution in case of peptic ulcer or erosions of the stomach / intestines, in the II-III trimesters of pregnancy, while taking antitussive pharmaceuticals.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The active molecules of this drug are able to penetrate the protective placental barrier. However, animal studies have not shown a negative impact on the development of the embryo (fetus), pregnancy / childbirth. However, precautions should be taken when taking the medication during pregnancy.
The drug is excreted in breast milk. Respix L is not recommended for the treatment of mothers during breastfeeding, although its negative impact is not expected.
Method of administration and dosage
For adult patients, Respix L is prescribed orally (by mouth) after meals.
Adult patients, as well as children over 12 years of age, are prescribed 1 tablet x 2 times / day.
There are no restrictions on the duration of the use of this pharmaceutical product. However, long-term therapy should only be carried out under medical supervision.
Respix L should not be used for more than 4-5 days without first consulting a doctor.
Symptoms: Stool disorders (constipation or diarrhea), nausea, other dyspeptic symptoms.
Overdose treatment: it is required to immediately (in the first hours after taking the medicine) rinse the stomach or artificially induce vomiting, conduct symptomatic therapy.
- Cardiac disorders: tachycardia, palpitations.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, increased appetite, headache, insomnia, convulsions, dizziness, convulsions, dysgeusia.
- Respiratory disorders: rhinorrhea.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, diarrhea (loose stools), nausea, heartburn, constipation, gastralgia (pain in the supra-gastric region), salivation, gastritis, decreased sensitivity in the oral cavity, functional disorders of the liver.
- Urinary disorders: dysuria.
- Allergic reactions: contact dermatitis, angioedema Quincke (rapidly developing edema of the lips, face, larynx), urticaria, skin rashes, itching, anaphylactic type reactions (including shock).
- Others: weakness, fever.
Storage conditions and periods
It is required to store and transport the drug in its original packaging at temperature conditions within the range of 15-25 ° С. Shelf life of Respix L tablets is 3 years. It is important to restrict children’s access to medicines.