Acute and chronic infections of the respiratory tract and ENT organs (bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillar angina, rhinopharyngitis).
1 g of solution contains pelargonium roots of liquid extract (Pelargonii radix extractum liquidum) (extractants: ethanol 40% (v / v), ethanol 10% (v / v)) (1: 8-10) ─ 800 mg;
excipient: glycerin (85%).
Dosage form. Oral drops.
Pharmacological properties Rezistol
The medicinal product contains an extract of the roots of Pelargonium sidoides.
The agent affects the mechanism of attachment of bacteria and viruses to the mucous membrane, thereby preventing the penetration of viruses and bacteria into the body. The drug has a pronounced immunomodulatory effect, which causes a rapid suppression of viral infection. It also inhibits the growth of bacteria that have already entered the body, thereby preventing the development of complications. The drug helps to activate the mechanisms of cleaning the respiratory tract, which improves the excretion of viscous mucus and eliminates the conditions for the further reproduction of pathogenic bacteria.
Treatment with the drug quickly relieves symptoms such as cough, severe sputum discharge, general malaise, fever and runny nose, significantly reduces the duration of the disease, inhibits the development of microorganism resistance.
The drug is a complex mixture of many components, which is generally regarded as an active substance.
Acute and chronic infections of the respiratory tract and ENT organs (bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillar tonsillitis, rhinopharyngitis).
Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of the drug, a predisposition to bleeding, concomitant use of drugs that slow down the blood clotting process, severe liver or kidney disease (due to lack of sufficient experience in using this drug in such cases).
Method of administration and dosage
The solution should be taken with a small amount of liquid 30 minutes before meals in the morning, afternoon and evening.
In the acute stage of the disease, they are usually prescribed:
- adults and children over 12 years old – 30 drops 3 times a day;
- children from 6 to 12 years old – 20 drops 3 times a day;
- children from 1 to 6 years old – 10 drops 3 times a day.
For the prevention of relapses and further treatment of chronic diseases, adults and children over 12 years of age are prescribed 10–20 drops of the drug 3 times a day.
The average duration of the course of treatment of acute illness and prevention of relapse is 7-10 days. The total duration of treatment should not exceed 3 weeks.
Keep the bottle upright, if necessary, tap the bottom slightly.
Due to the lack of sufficient data on the use of the drug in infants, Resistol should not be used in children under the age of 1 year. The use of the drug Resistol for the treatment of young children (from 1 to 6 years old) is recommended under medical supervision.
There are no reports of overdose. An increase in adverse reactions is possible.
- From the digestive tract: gastrointestinal disorders (including stomach pain, heartburn, nausea, diarrhea), slight bleeding of the gums.
- From the respiratory system: mild nosebleeds.
- From the skin / from the immune system: hypersensitivity reactions (including skin rash, urticaria, itching of the skin and mucous membranes). In isolated cases, severe hypersensitivity reactions with facial edema, shortness of breath and a decrease in blood pressure are possible.
- From the hepatobiliary system: increased liver function indicators. A causal relationship between an increase in these indicators and the use of the drug has not been established.
Shelf life after opening the package is 3 months.
Store in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children.