Composition and form of release Rigevidon
The main active ingredients of the drug are levonorgestrel, ethinyl estradiol.
The auxiliary substances are: colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, lactose, corn starch, talc, povidone, magnesium stearate, sodium carmellose, sucrose, titanium dioxide, macrogol, etc.
It is produced in the form of tablets, packaged in blisters, 21 tablets in blisters, each tablet containing 0.03 mg of ethinylestradiol and 0.15 of levonorgestrel.
Rigevidon belongs to the group of combined drugs containing hormones secreted by the sex glands, intended for systemic use, with a contraceptive effect.
The use of this drug in this combination has a contraceptive effect. Its effectiveness is due to the fact that the drug has several mechanisms at once that prevent the fertilization of the egg.
The main mechanism of contraceptive action is that the ovulation process is inhibited, as well as the thickening of mucus secreted in the area of the cervical canal of the cervix.
Rigevidon is used as a hormonal contraceptive.
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
In addition, the use of this drug is contraindicated in:
- breast cancer;
- estrogen-dependent cancers;
- vaginal bleeding of unexplained etiology;
- incurable endometrial hyperplasia;
- venous thromboembolism;
- arterial thromboembolic disorders (eg, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction);
- thrombophilia (eg, protein C, S, or antithrombin deficiency);
- high risk of developing venous or arterial thrombosis;
- liver tumors of any etiology;
- liver diseases, before the normalization of laboratory parameters of the functional state of the liver, cholecystitis, colitis;
- severe hypertriglyceridemia.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is not used to treat pregnant women.
If there is a need to take this drug, then during treatment, lactation (breastfeeding) should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug is taken in cycles that correspond to a menstrual cycle of 29 days. To achieve a contraceptive effect, 21 tablets are taken in a row, in accordance with the instructions of the arrows on the blister, usually in the evening. It is especially important to take the drug at the same time of day.
The initial intake begins on the 1st day of the menstrual cycle. After the end of the 21-day pill cycle, there is a 7-day break (at this time, hormones are not taken). During this period of time, menstrual bleeding occurs. Regardless of the end of the last one, the reception of the next package begins.
The transition from other hormonal drugs begins at the end of the 7-day break in the intake cycle.
If you miss a tablet, you should take it within the next 12 hours. Otherwise, you should continue taking the pills at a certain time the next day, without taking the forgotten pill. If the tablets are missed, the likelihood of sudden bleeding increases.
The specified method of using the drug can be continued as long as it is desirable to prevent pregnancy. With regular use of the drug, the contraceptive effect persists for a 7-day break.
Overdose cases were not recorded. Theoretically, with an overdose, the following symptoms are possible:
- a feeling of tension in the mammary glands;
- vaginal bleeding.
It is necessary to wash the stomach, take sorbents, establish monitoring of the patient’s condition, and, if necessary, carry out a complex of standard supportive symptomatic therapy.
When using this drug, an adverse reaction may occur in the form of:
- increased blood glucose levels, anemia, changes in body weight, hyperbilirubinemia;
- headache, migraine, memory loss, confusion, dizziness, insomnia;
- visual impairment;
- nausea, vomiting, bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, dyspeptic symptoms, pancreatitis, jaundice, diabetes mellitus;
- acne, seborrhea, itching;
- arterial hypertension, tachycardia, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, other disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- thrombosis, superficial thrombophlebitis, arterial hypotension;
- allergies, weight gain;
- cholangitis, cholecystitis, liver dysfunctions;
- neoplasia of the mammary glands, pain in them;
- anxiety, depression;
- venous thromboembolism.
In case of any side effects, you should consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and periods Rigevidon
The shelf life of the drug is no more than 3 years from the production date indicated on the package.
Store in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.