Treatment of schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders, including supportive therapy in patients who have had a response to therapy, in order to prevent relapse; treatment of manic episodes in bipolar disorders (adjunctive therapy in combination with normotimicam as an initial treatment or as monotherapy for a period of up to 12 weeks) short term treatment of severe aggression or severe mental symptoms in patients with dementia if there is a threat of harm to themselves or others; symptomatic treatment of defiant oppositional disorders or other social behavior disorders in children, adolescents, and adults with lower-than-average mental development or mental retardation who have manifestations of destructive behavior (impulsivity, autoagression) symptomatic treatment of autistic disorders in children aged 5 years and older, whose symptoms range from hyperactivity to irritability (including aggression, self-harm, anxiety, and pathological cyclical actions).
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: risperidone (2 mg).
Rileptid is produced in the form of tablets.
It is an antipsychotic drug (neuroleptic). The active substance selectively (selectively) blocks 5-HT2-serotonergic, D2-dopaminergic receptors of the central nervous system, as well as α1-adrenergic, to a lesser extent, α2-adrenergic and H1-histamine receptors. Eliminates hallucinations, delusions, automatism, reduces aggressiveness, fear.
Rileptid is used:
- with schizophrenia with pronounced productive (aggressiveness, delirium, hallucinations, thought disorders) or negative symptoms (poor speech, social and emotional detachment);
- in acute / chronic psychoses with pronounced productive or negative symptoms;
- in other psychotic conditions with affective symptoms.
Rileptid does not apply:
- if you are allergic to risperidone;
- with intolerance to excipients.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Rileptid is administered orally.
The standard dose for adults is 2 mg / day, on the next day the dose is increased to 4 mg / day, on the 3rd day – up to 6 mg / day in one or two doses. In the future, an individual maintenance dose is selected (usually 4–8 mg / day).
The maximum dose is 16 mg / day.
For elderly patients or patients with severe hepatic / renal impairment, the dose is halved.
Symptoms: drowsiness, excessive sedation, tachycardia, extrapyramidal disturbances, instability of blood pressure.
Therapeutic measures: gastric lavage, the appointment of sorbents, support of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, control of electrolyte balance, regulation of the acid-base state.
- Neurological disorders: hyperthermia of central origin, drowsiness, headache, fainting, confusion, akathisia, extrapyramidal disorders (hypokinesia, akinesia, tremor, muscle stiffness), sleep disturbances, insomnia, depression, convulsive seizures, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (shortness of breath) tachypnea, convulsions, tachycardia, arrhythmia, unstable blood pressure, hyperthermia, increased sweating, severe muscle rigidity, involuntary urination, pallor of the skin, fatigue, weakness), tardive dyskinesia.
- Cardiovascular disorders: decrease / increase in blood pressure (including orthostatic hypotension), reflex tachycardia, hypertension, stroke.
- Digestive disorders: constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, dysphagia, nausea.
- Dermatological disorders: hyperpigmentation, xeroderma, photosensitivity.
- Endocrine disorders: hyperglycemia, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, dysmenorrhea, gynecomastia, amenorrhea.
- Genitourinary disorders: priapism, anorgasmia, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation, dysuria, urinary incontinence, polyuria.
- Hematological disorders: neutro-, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, anemia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: violation of accommodation, xerophthalmia, decreased visual acuity.
- Others: peripheral edema, weight gain, rhinitis, manifestations of allergies, incl. angioedema, skin rashes, pain in joints / bones / muscles.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Rileptid in its original production container. Optimal temperature conditions: up to +25 degrees. Best for 5 years after production (see the date on the packaging).