Symptomatic treatment of nasal congestion in colds, hay fever, other allergic rhinitis, sinusitis. To facilitate the outflow of secretions in diseases of the paranasal sinuses. Auxiliary therapy for otitis media (to eliminate edema of the mucous membrane). To facilitate rhinoscopy.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 mg / ml).
Rinazal is produced in the form of a solution (nasal drops).
These are nasal drops. The active ingredient excites alpha-adrenergic receptors. When applied to the mucous membrane, it causes vasoconstriction, while reducing swelling, redness. With rhinitis (runny nose), relieves nasal breathing.
Rinazal is used for swelling of the nasal mucosa due to colds, rhinitis with a large amount of liquid mucous secretions (vasomotor rhinitis), as well as allergic rhinitis, acute sinusitis.
In addition, it is indicated for acute otitis media (to restore the patency of the Eustachian tube).
Rinazal should not be used:
- with allergies to the components of the solution;
- with “dry” inflammation of the nasal mucosa with the formation of crusts (dry rhinitis);
- with the transferred transsphenoidal removal of the pituitary gland or any other surgical interventions with a history of exposure of the meninges;
- with tachycardia;
- with arterial hypertension;
- during pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- with simultaneous treatment with MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants;
- children under one year old (drops 0.05%), children up to twelve years old (drops 0.1%).
Use with caution:
- when treating MAOIs or other drugs with a hypertensive effect in the past;
- with increased intraocular pressure, especially with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with cardiovascular pathology (for example, ischemic heart disease, arterial hypertension);
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with metabolic disorders (for example, diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism);
- with porphyria;
- with prostatic hyperplasia.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During these periods, Rinazal is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Rinazal is administered intranasally (in the nose).
Drops of 0.05% are used in children 1-11 years old – one or two drops in each nasal passage up to three times a day.
Drops 0.1% are used in children from 12 years of age and adults – two to three drops in each nasal passage up to three times a day.
It is not recommended to use drops for more than five days.
When applied topically, overdose is unlikely.
Symptoms: mydriasis (dilated pupils), nausea, cyanosis, convulsions, fever, cardiovascular disorders (tachycardia, arterial hypertension, arrhythmia, cardiac arrest), respiratory failure, changes in consciousness, drowsiness, pulmonary edema, decreased body temperature, bradycardia (decrease heart rate), a sharp drop in blood pressure, respiratory arrest, coma development.
Overdose treatment: stopping treatment, seeking medical attention immediately, intensive care.
- Cardiovascular disorders: heart palpitations, arrhythmias, arterial hypertension.
- Neurological disorders: headache, paroxysm, insomnia, fatigue, dizziness.
- Respiratory, thoracic, mediastinal disorders: burning in the nose, feeling of dryness, shortness of breath, sneezing, increased swelling of the nasal mucosa, nosebleeds.
- General disorders: fatigue, drowsiness, visual impairment.
- Digestive disorders: nausea.
- Immune disorders: hypersensitivity reactions (angioedema, exanthema, itching).
- Mental disorders: sleep disturbances, agitation, hallucinations.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Rinazal at temperatures up to 15 ° C out of the reach of children. The shelf life of drops is two years, after opening the bottle – 28 days.