Symptomatic treatment of nasal congestion in colds, hay fever, other allergic rhinitis, sinusitis. To facilitate the outflow of secretions in diseases of the paranasal sinuses. Auxiliary therapy for otitis media (to eliminate edema of the mucous membrane). To facilitate rhinoscopy.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: xylometazoline hydrochloride (1 mg / ml).
Dosage form. Nasal spray, dosed.
These are nasal drops. The active ingredient excites alpha-adrenergic receptors. When applied to the mucous membrane, it causes vasoconstriction, while reducing swelling, redness. With rhinitis (runny nose), relieves nasal breathing.
Rinazal is used for swelling of the nasal mucosa due to colds, rhinitis with a large amount of liquid mucous secretions (vasomotor rhinitis), as well as allergic rhinitis, acute sinusitis.
In addition, it is indicated for acute otitis media (to restore the patency of the Eustachian tube).
Rinazal should not be used:
- with allergies to the components of the solution;
- with “dry” inflammation of the nasal mucosa with the formation of crusts (dry rhinitis);
- with the transferred transsphenoidal removal of the pituitary gland or any other surgical interventions with a history of exposure of the meninges;
- with tachycardia;
- with arterial hypertension;
- during pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- with simultaneous treatment with MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants;
- children under one year old (drops 0.05%), children up to twelve years old (drops 0.1%).
Use with caution:
- when treating MAOIs or other drugs with a hypertensive effect in the past;
- with increased intraocular pressure, especially with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with cardiovascular pathology (for example, ischemic heart disease, arterial hypertension);
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with metabolic disorders (for example, diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism);
- with porphyria;
- with prostatic hyperplasia.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During these periods, Rinazal is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Rinazal, nasal spray, metered dose, 1.0 mg / ml:
The drug should be used in adults and children over 12 years old, 1 injection into each nasal passage up to 3 times a day. Apply no more than 3 times in each nasal passage per day.
The duration of treatment depends on the course of the disease and should not exceed 10 consecutive days.
The metered spray ensures accurate dosing and proper distribution of the solution over the surface of the nasal mucosa. With each injection, 0.14 ml of solution is injected, which corresponds to 0.14 mg of xylometazoline.
Before use, it is necessary to bring the dispenser to readiness by performing several injection movements until the spray begins to be released into the air.
On further use, the dispenser will be ready for immediate use.
It is necessary to apply the spray as follows:
- thoroughly cleanse the nose before using the drug;
- hold the bottle vertically, supporting the bottom with your thumb and placing the tip between two fingers;
- tilt the bottle slightly and insert the tip into the nostril;
inject and at the same time take a light breath through the nose;
- after use, before closing the tip with the cap, clean and dry the tip;
- to prevent infection, only one person can use each vial of medication.
The last application is recommended just before bedtime.
When applied topically, overdose is unlikely.
Symptoms: mydriasis (dilated pupils), nausea, cyanosis, convulsions, fever, cardiovascular disorders (tachycardia, arterial hypertension, arrhythmia, cardiac arrest), respiratory failure, changes in consciousness, drowsiness, pulmonary edema, decreased body temperature, bradycardia (decrease heart rate), a sharp drop in blood pressure, respiratory arrest, coma development.
Overdose treatment: stopping treatment, seeking medical attention immediately, intensive care.
- Cardiovascular disorders: heart palpitations, arrhythmias, arterial hypertension.
- Neurological disorders: headache, paroxysm, insomnia, fatigue, dizziness.
- Respiratory, thoracic, mediastinal disorders: burning in the nose, feeling of dryness, shortness of breath, sneezing, increased swelling of the nasal mucosa, nosebleeds.
- General disorders: fatigue, drowsiness, visual impairment.
- Digestive disorders: nausea.
- Immune disorders: hypersensitivity reactions (angioedema, exanthema, itching).
- Mental disorders: sleep disturbances, agitation, hallucinations.
Store in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Do not freeze.
Keep out of the reach of children.