Acute and chronic forms of rhinitis, sinusitis, rhinosinusitis, accompanied by nasal congestion and complicated by microbial infection. Complex therapy of acute otitis media of the middle ear and eustachianitis (in order to restore the patency of the Eustachian tube). Prevention of infectious complications during rhinoscopy and other manipulations in the nasopharynx.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: xylometazoline hydrochloride (1 mg / ml), miramistin (0.1 mg / ml).
Rinomistin is produced in the form of a solution (nasal drops).
These are nasal drops. Contains a combination of active ingredients. Xylometazoline stimulates alpha-adrenergic receptors. When applied to the mucous membrane, it causes vasoconstriction, while reducing swelling, redness. With rhinitis (runny nose), relieves nasal breathing. Miramistin is an antiseptic that hydrophobically interacts with the lipids of the membranes of microorganisms, causing their destruction.
Rinomistin is used for swelling of the nasal mucosa due to colds, rhinitis with a large amount of liquid mucous secretions (vasomotor rhinitis), as well as allergic rhinitis, acute sinusitis.
In addition, it is indicated for acute otitis media (to restore the patency of the Eustachian tube).
Used for rhinoscopy.
Rinomistin should not be used:
- with allergies to the components of the solution;
- with “dry” inflammation of the nasal mucosa with the formation of crusts (dry rhinitis);
- with the transferred transsphenoidal removal of the pituitary gland or any other surgical interventions with a history of exposure of the meninges;
- with tachycardia;
- with arterial hypertension;
- during pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- with simultaneous treatment with MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants;
- children under one year old (drops 0.05%), children under 12 years old (drops 0.1%).
Use with caution:
- when treating MAOIs or other drugs with a hypertensive effect in the past;
- with increased intraocular pressure, especially with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with cardiovascular pathology (for example, ischemic heart disease, arterial hypertension);
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with metabolic disorders (for example, diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism);
- with porphyria;
- with prostatic hyperplasia.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During these periods, Rinomistin is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Rinomistin is administered intranasally (in the nose).
Drops of 0.05% are used in children 1-11 years old – one or two drops in each nasal passage up to three times a day.
Drops 0.1% are used in children from 12 years of age and adults – two to three drops in each nasal passage up to three times a day.
It is not recommended to use drops for more than five days.
When applied topically, overdose is unlikely.
Symptoms: mydriasis (dilated pupils), nausea, cyanosis, convulsions, fever, cardiovascular disorders (tachycardia, arterial hypertension, arrhythmia, cardiac arrest), respiratory failure, changes in consciousness, drowsiness, pulmonary edema, decreased body temperature, bradycardia (decrease heart rate), a sharp drop in blood pressure, respiratory arrest, coma development.
Overdose treatment: stopping treatment, seeking medical attention immediately, intensive care.
- Cardiovascular disorders: heart palpitations, arrhythmias, arterial hypertension.
- Neurological disorders: headache, paroxysm, insomnia, fatigue, dizziness.
- Respiratory, thoracic, mediastinal disorders: burning in the nose, feeling of dryness, shortness of breath, sneezing, increased swelling of the nasal mucosa, nosebleeds.
- General disorders: fatigue, drowsiness, visual impairment.
- Digestive disorders: nausea.
- Immune disorders: hypersensitivity reactions (angioedema, exanthema, itching).
- Mental disorders: sleep disturbances, agitation, hallucinations.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Rinomistin at a temperature of 15-30 ° C out of the reach of children. The shelf life of drops is three years, after opening the bottle – 28 days.