In the complex therapy of the following diseases: diseases of the heart and vascular system: stable load angina, chronic heart failure (NYHA I-i functional class), cardiomyopathy, functional disorders of the heart and vascular system; acute and chronic ischemic disorders of cerebral circulation; reduced working capacity, physical and psycho-emotional stress; during recovery from cerebrovascular disorders, head injuries, and encephalitis.
active substance: meldonium;
1 ml of solution contains 100 mg of meldonium;
1 ampoule (5 ml) of solution contains 500 mg of meldonium;
Excipient: water for injections.
Solution for injection.
It is a remedy that improves metabolic processes in the heart muscle. In conditions of ischemia (insufficient blood supply), it restores the cellular balance between oxygen consumption and its delivery, prevents disruption of ATP transport, activates glycolysis without additional oxygen consumption. It helps to increase performance, reduce the severity of signs of physical and mental overstrain, activate immunity. Has a cardioprotective effect. In case of acute ischemic myocardial injury, it reduces the zone of necrosis and shortens the rehabilitation period.
In the complex therapy of the following diseases:
- diseases of the heart and vascular system: stable angina pectoris, chronic heart failure (NYHA I-III functional class), cardiomyopathy, functional disorders of the heart and vascular system;
- acute and chronic ischemic disorders of cerebral circulation;
reduced efficiency, physical and psycho-emotional stress;
- during recovery from cerebrovascular disorders, head injuries and encephalitis.
Hypersensitivity to meldonium and / or to any of the excipients of the drug;
increase in intracranial pressure (in violation of venous outflow, intracranial tumors);
severe hepatic and / or renal insufficiency (insufficient data on safety).
Method of application and dosage
Apply intravenously. The use of the drug does not require special preparation before administration.
Due to the possible stimulating effect of the drug is recommended to use in the morning.
The dose is 500 mg-1000 mg (5-10 ml) per day, it is administered at once or divided into two doses. The duration of treatment is usually 10-14 days, after which treatment is continued with oral dosage form.
The duration of treatment is 4-6 weeks. The course of treatment can be repeated 2-3 times a year.
Elderly patients with hepatic and / or renal impairment may require a dose reduction of meldonium.
Patients with impaired renal function
Because the drug is excreted by the kidneys, patients with renal impairment from mild to moderate severity should use a lower dose of meldonium.
Patients with liver dysfunction
Patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment should use a lower dose of meldonium.
There are no data on the safety and efficacy of meldonium in children under 18 years of age, so the use of meldonium in this category of patients is contraindicated.
No cases of meldonium overdose have been reported. The drug is low-toxic and does not cause threatening side effects. In case of low blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, tachycardia, general weakness are possible. Treatment is symptomatic. In case of severe overdose, liver and kidney function should be monitored.
Hemodialysis is not significant in meldonium overdose due to severe binding to blood proteins.
- On the part of the immune system: Hypersensitivity, including allergic dermatitis, urticaria, angioneurotic edema, anaphylactic reactions to shock;
- From the psyche: Excitement, fear, obsessions, sleep disturbances;
- From the nervous system: Headaches, paresthesias, tremors, hypoaesthesia, tinnitus, vertigo, dizziness, gait disturbances, unconsciousness, fainting;
- From the heart: Change in heart rhythm, palpitations, tachycardia / sinus tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, arrhythmia, chest discomfort / chest pain;
- From the circulatory system: Increase / decrease in blood pressure, hypertensive crisis, redness, pallor;
- From the respiratory system, chest and mediastinum: Respiratory tract infections, sore throat, cough, dyspnea, apnea;
- From the gastrointestinal tract: Dysgeusia (metallic taste in the mouth), loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea, abdominal pain, dry mouth or hypersalivation;
- From the skin and subcutaneous tissue: Rash, including general, macular, papular, itching;
- From the musculoskeletal and concomitant system: Back pain, muscle weakness, muscle spasms;
- From the kidneys and urinary system: Pollakiuria;
- Studies: Dyslipidemia, increased levels of C-reactive protein, abnormalities in the electrocardiogram (ECG), accelerated heart rate, eosinophilia.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºC out of reach of children. Do not freeze.