Treatment of schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders, including supportive therapy, in patients who have had a response to therapy, in order to prevent relapse. Treatment of manic episodes in bipolar disorders (auxiliary therapy in combination with normotimics as initial treatment or as monotherapy for a period of up to 12 weeks). Short-term treatment of severe aggression or severe mental symptoms in patients with dementia when there is a threat of harm to themselves or others. Symptomatic treatment of defiant oppositional disorders or other social behavior disorders in children, adolescents and adults with lower-than-average mental development or mental retardation, have manifestations of destructive behavior (impulsivity, autoagression). Symptomatic treatment of autistic disorders in children from 5 years of age, whose symptoms range from hyperactivity to irritability (including aggression, self-harm, anxiety, and pathological cyclical actions).
Composition and form of release
Active substance: risperidone (2 mg).
Rispaxol is produced in the form of tablets.
It is an antipsychotic drug (neuroleptic). The active substance selectively (selectively) blocks 5-HT2-serotonergic, D2-dopaminergic receptors of the CNS, as well as α1-adrenergic, to a lesser extent – α2-adrenergic and H1-histamine receptors. Eliminates hallucinations, delusions, automatism, reduces aggression, fear.
Rispaxol is used:
- in schizophrenia with pronounced productive (aggression, delusions, hallucinations, thinking disorders) or negative symptoms (poor speech, social and emotional detachment);
- at acute / chronic psychoses with the expressed productive or negative symptomatology;
- in other psychotic states with affective symptoms.
Does not apply Rispaxol:
- in case of allergy to risperidone;
- in case of intolerance to excipients.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Method of application and dose
Rispaxol is administered orally.
The standard dose for adults is 2 mg / day, the next day the dose is increased to 4 mg / day, on the 3rd day – up to 6 mg / day in one or two doses. In the future, select an individual maintenance dose (usually 4-8 mg / day).
The maximum dose is 16 mg / day.
In elderly patients or patients with severe hepatic / renal impairment, the dose is halved.
Symptoms: drowsiness, excessive sedative effect, tachycardia, extrapyramidal disorders, instability of blood pressure.
Therapeutic measures: gastric lavage, administration of sorbents, support of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, control of electrolyte balance, regulation of acid-base status.
- Neurological disorders: hyperthermia of central origin, drowsiness, headache, fainting, confusion, akathisia, extrapyramidal disorders (hypokinesia, akinesia, tremor, muscle rigidity), sleep disorders, insomnia, depression, seizures, dyspnea, malignancy tachypnea, convulsions, tachycardia, arrhythmia, unstable blood pressure, hyperthermia, increased sweating, severe muscle rigidity, involuntary urination, pale skin, fatigue, weakness), tardive dyskinesia.
- Cardiovascular disorders: decrease / increase in blood pressure (including orthostatic hypotension), reflex tachycardia, hypertension, stroke.
- Digestive disorders: constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, dysphagia, nausea.
- Dermatological disorders: hyperpigmentation, xeroderma, photosensitization.
- Endocrine disorders: hyperglycemia, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, dysmenorrhea, gynecomastia, amenorrhea.
- Genitourinary disorders: priapism, anorgasmia, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation, dysuria, urinary incontinence, polyuria.
- Hematological disorders: neutro-, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, anemia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: accommodation disorder, xerophthalmia, decreased visual acuity.
- Others: peripheral edema, weight gain, rhinitis, allergies, including angioneurotic edema, skin rash, joint / bone / muscle pain.
Conditions and terms of storage
Store Rispaxol in the original production packaging. Optimal temperature conditions: up to +25 degrees. Suitable for 4 years after manufacture (see date on packaging).