Emergency treatment of the headache phase in migraine attacks, with or without aura.
Rizoptan Composition and form of release
Main active ingredient: rizatriptan benzoate.
The auxiliary components included in the composition: lactose, starch, cellulose, magnesium stearate.
The drug is created in the form of tablets, in a dosage of 10 mg of rizatriptan.
This drug belongs to a group of drugs that are usually used in the treatment of migraines.
The main active ingredient is rizatriptan. It has a high affinity, has the property of binding to certain human receptors, including dopamine, histamine, muscarinic, benzodiazepine, adrenergic and other receptors.
It has a strong anti-migraine effect, which is due to the ability to influence receptors located in the inside of the cranium, expanding due to expansion during a migraine attack, as well as on the trigeminal nerve.
Activation of 5-HT 1B and 5-HT 1D receptors that cause pain, intracranial vessels narrow, inhibiting the release of neuropeptides, as a result of which inflammation in tissues decreases, and the transmission of pain impulses through the central trigeminal nerve is weakened.
Promotes increased work capacity, leads to the elimination of nausea, photophobia and photophobia caused by migraine attacks.
This drug is used for the emergency treatment of migraine headaches with or without aura, including menstrual migraine.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
Also contraindicated for:
- concurrent administration of MAO inhibitors;
- severe hepatic or renal impairment;
- disorders of cerebral circulation, ischemic attack;
- arterial hypertension;
- diseases of the coronary arteries, peripheral vessels, coronary artery disease, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction.
Not prescribed for basilar or hemiplegic migraine.
Do not use if there is a risk of headache caused by non-migraine.
Not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug can be used with caution in pregnant women, if necessary.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug is administered orally, orally. Not intended for prophylaxis.
Food intake delays the effect by about 60 minutes, so it should not be taken with food to speed up the effect.
The recommended dosage is 10 mg. The next dose of the drug is possible no earlier than 2 hours later, but no more than 20 mg per day.
Patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency need to reduce the dosage to 5 mg per dose.
The patient should consult a doctor if the symptoms of the disease did not disappear during the use of the drug or if adverse reactions are observed that are not indicated in the instructions for medical use of the drug.
Overdose can cause:
- arterial hypertension, other cardiovascular disorders;
- increased other side effects.
In this case, symptomatic treatment should be performed.
The effectiveness of hemodialysis has not been confirmed.
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
Some side effects may occur. In particular, there may be observed:
- allergic reactions – anaphylactic shock, dermatoses;
- insomnia, nervousness;
- dizziness, drowsiness, hypesthesia, tremor;
- ataxia, dysgeusia, fainting;
- convulsions, blurred vision;
- tachycardia, bradycardia, arrhythmia, ECG abnormalities;
- ischemia, myocardial infarction, hot flushes;
- arterial hypertension, wheezing, shortness of breath;
- ischemic colitis, fatigue, asthenia;
- nausea, vomiting, indigestion;
- hyperemia, sweating, myalgia.
Storage conditions and periods Rizoptan
The shelf life is 3 years.
The storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.