Relapse prevention: ventricular tachycardia, which is a threat to the patient’s life (treatment should be started in a hospital with constant monitoring of the patient’s condition); symptomatic ventricular tachycardia (documented), which leads to disability; supraventricular tachycardia (documented), which requires treatment, and in cases where other means do not have a therapeutic effect or are contraindicated; ventricular fibrillation. Treatment of supraventricular tachycardia: slowing or reducing atrial fibrillation or fluttering. Ischemic heart disease and / or left ventricular dysfunction (see the section “Pharmacodynamics”).
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: amiodarone hydrochloride.
Rotaritmil is produced in the form of tablets of 200 mg.
It is a class III antiarrhythmic agent. This medicine is used for conditions accompanied by a violation of the rhythm of the heart.
Rotaritmil is prescribed:
- for the treatment of severe arrhythmias that do not respond to therapy with other drugs or when other pharmaceuticals cannot be prescribed;
- with tachyarrhythmias associated with WPW syndrome;
- with atrial fibrillation / flutter;
- with tachyarrhythmias of a paroxysmal nature, incl. ventricular fibrillation, atrioventricular, atrial, ventricular tachycardia, when other pharmaceuticals cannot be prescribed.
Rotaritmil is not used:
- with allergies to components, to iodine;
- with sinus bradycardia;
- with sick sinus syndrome;
- with sinoatrial blockade;
- with cardiogenic shock;
- with atrioventricular block II – III century. (without using a pacemaker);
- with hypokalemia;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with collapse;
- with hypothyroidism;
- with interstitial lung diseases;
- with thyrotoxicosis;
- with two-, three-beam blockades;
- with congenital / acquired Q – T lengthening;
- with hypomagnesemia;
- with hypothyroidism / hyperthyroidism;
- when taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors;
- while taking medications that prolong Q – T;
- during pregnancy / lactation.
With caution Rotarrhythmil is prescribed for bronchial asthma, AV-blockade of the 1st stage, chronic heart failure (III-IV FC), liver failure, as well as in old age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Rotarrhythmil is contraindicated during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Rotarithmil is used orally with water before meals.
Standard loading dose:
- in the hospital, an initial dose of 600-800 mg / day is used (in several doses), the maximum is 1200 mg / day, until a total dose is reached – 10000 mg (within 5-8 days);
- on an outpatient basis, an initial dose of 600–800 mg / day is used until a total dose of 10,000 mg is reached (within 10–14 days).
The standard maintenance dose is 100–400 mg / day.
Symptoms: paroxysmal tachycardia “pirouette”, decreased pressure, bradycardia, cardiac arrest, atrioventricular block, kidney / liver dysfunction.
Overdose treatment: the appointment of sorbents, gastric lavage, the appointment of cholestyramine, with tachycardia “pirouette” – the introduction of magnesium salts into the vein, with bradycardia – beta-adrenostimulants; cardiostimulation.
- Digestive disorders: pseudo-alcoholic hepatitis, dullness / loss of taste, heaviness in the stomach, nausea, loss of appetite, toxic hepatitis, cirrhosis, development of liver failure.
- Neurological disorders: pseudotumor of the brain, sleep disorders, peripheral neuropathy, extrapyramidal symptoms, headache, myopathy, cerebellar ataxia.
- Cardiovascular disorders: moderate bradycardia, proarrhythmogenic effect (aggravation of existing arrhythmias, occurrence of new ones, cardiac arrest), SA / AV blockade, severe bradycardia.
- Respiratory disorders: interstitial / alveolar pneumonitis, pleurisy, pulmonary fibrosis, bronchospasm, bronchiolitis obliterans with pneumonia, pulmonary hemorrhage.
- Perceptual disorders: microdeposits in the epithelium of the cornea, optic neuritis, visual neuropathy.
- Skin changes: photosensitivity, alopecia, exfoliative dermatitis, rash, bluish / grayish pigmentation of the skin.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, impaired ADH secretion.
- Others: epididymitis, impotence, vasculitis, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, aplastic.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Rotaritmil for no more than 3 years at 15-30 ° C.