Antibacterial and analgesic agent for local treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa and oropharynx.
active ingredients: chlorobutanol hemihydrate, choline salicylate, hexetidine;
1 ml of solution contains: hexetidine 1.0 mg; choline salicylate 5.0 mg; chlorobutanol hemihydrate, in terms of chlorobutanol 2.5 mg;
excipients: sodium saccharin, ethanol 96%, polysorbate 20, levomenthol, anise oil, lemon oil, lime oil, eucalyptus oil, methyl salicylate, citric acid monohydrate, purified water.
Dosage form. Oral spray.
Sangyva Pharmacological properties
The action of the drug is due to three active components.
Antibacterial and antifungal activity
Hexetidine has an antibacterial effect on both gram-positive and gram-negative strains of microorganisms, both aerobes and anaerobes.
It should be noted that, in general, they have a bacteriostatic effect on aerobic strains, while the bactericidal effect is weak. Heksetidine has a pronounced bactericidal effect on anaerobic strains. The mechanism of action is a competitive action with thiamine: the structure of hexetidine is similar to the structure of thiamine, which is necessary for the growth of microorganisms.
Choline salicylate has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects. Used to treat diseases of the oral cavity.
Chlorobutanol has an analgesic effect. It can be used, in particular, in otolaryngology (nasal drops, rinses) and in dental practice (applications and irrigation). Classically it can be used as an anesthetic.
Antibacterial and anesthetic agent for local treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa and oropharynx.
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- atrophic pharyngitis;
- bronchial asthma or any other respiratory disease associated with existing airway hypersensitivity.
Method of administration and dosage
Apply as a topical irrigation agent for the oral cavity and oropharynx.
Adults and children over 15 years old: 1 spray 4–6 times a day.
Children from 6 to 15 years old: 1 spraying 2-3 times a day.
The course of treatment is no more than 5 days.
Do not use in children under 6 years of age.
There have been no reports of drug overdose.
Through the absorption of a sufficient amount of solution in the oral cavity, alcohol intoxication may occur due to the content of ethyl alcohol.
The concentration of hexetidine in a medicinal product is not toxic if the medicinal product is used as directed.
Acute alcohol intoxication is unlikely to occur. If a child has swallowed a large dose of the drug, alcohol intoxication may occur due to the content of ethyl alcohol.
There were no cases of excessive use of hexetidine, which led to the occurrence of hypersensitivity reactions.
Overdose treatment is symptomatic but rarely necessary. If a child swallows the contents of the bottle, consult a doctor immediately. It is necessary to consider the possibility of gastric lavage within 2 hours after swallowing and take measures to eliminate signs of alcohol intoxication.
- From the respiratory system, chest and mediastinal organs: cough, shortness of breath.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: dry mouth, dysphagia, enlargement of the salivary glands, pain when swallowing. If the drug is accidentally swallowed, gastrointestinal disturbances may occur, especially nausea and vomiting.
- From the side of the nervous system: ageusia, dysgeusia, change in taste sensations within 48 hours (the sensation of “sweet” can change twice to the sensation of “bitter”).
- From the immune system: hypersensitivity reactions, including urticaria, angioedema, laryngospasm, bronchospasm.
- From the skin and subcutaneous tissue: allergic contact dermatitis, skin reactions (rash).
- General disorders and reactions at the injection site: local reactions – reversible discoloration of teeth and tongue; sensitivity of the mucous membrane, namely, burning, feeling of numbness; irritation (soreness, feeling of heat, itching) of the tongue and / or oral mucosa; decreased sensitivity; paresthesia of the mucous membrane; inflammation; bubbles; ulcers on the mucous membrane, sore throat, swelling at the site of contact, dry nasal / throat mucosa.
Storage conditions Sangyva
Store in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Do not freeze. Keep out of the reach of children.